what size plano boxes fit in the front and rear smaller compartments on a rt178 ?

I am in the begining stages of getting a ranger rt 178 . I was wondering what size and how many plano boxes fit in the smaller front and rear compartments ? I am trying to figure out just how my current boat load of crap will fit in the new one .

Not sure how many but I keep a lot of 3700 boxed in the big compartment in the front. I keep 99% of my tackle there. It will fit two rows.

3. Member
    I don’t use the rear compartments or the large compartment in the bow for tackle but the one in front of the drivers console fits four 3740s perfectly with room for a smaller one in the middle. On mine they also fit better there with the bottom of the boxes towards the middle of the compartment - two on each side if that makes any sense.

Kinda like this >> <<

Just checked on mine and the rears will also fit four of 3740s - just a little tighter.
    Last edited by Cerus; 05-21-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Typos/autocorrect

4. Member
    There are three small compartments one in the front and two in the rear and they each hold four 3700 boxes. The large center box in the front holds 16 boxes also 3700

3700's in all my boxes
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

6. Member
    The 3700 boxes are a good fit for the storage boxes, others may fit well I have just not tried them