Posted this on the lounge page and wanted to reach out here as well.

Long shot....looking for an old creek chub lure box
    My buddy was going through his dads old lure collection. He came across 2 creek chub lures that are worth a good amount of money, but he doesn't have the boxes and they are worth more if he had the boxes for them. Both the lures look like they have never been used. They look like a pike, props on both ends like a devils horse. Model #2900. Thanks for any help you can offer. I posted here as the antique collectibles page doesn't get much attention. The box in the pic has the wrong model # on it.
    Last edited by castforcash; 05-20-2019 at 07:24 PM.

2. Member
    Those old CCB boxes are tough, but they can be found. I don't have any currently. Good luck looking

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Those old CCB boxes are tough, but they can be found. I don't have any currently. Good luck looking
    Thankyou!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    How much would you expect to pay for a box?

6. Member
    The lure in the picture is a Creek Chub Gar, very nice bait. For the most part Creek Chub boxes don’t bring much money but there are some that do and a box for a Gar won’t be easy to find so he’ll have to pay good money for one unless he stumbles onto one. Good luck.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    The lure in the picture is a Creek Chub Gar, very nice bait. For the most part Creek Chub boxes don’t bring much money but there are some that do and a box for a Gar won’t be easy to find so he’ll have to pay good money for one unless he stumbles onto one. Good luck.
    Yep. If it was an injured minnow or something, no problem, but the gar box will be tough.

8. Member
    Go to Joesoldlures.com message board.

Lots of knowledge on there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinreb View Post
    Go to Joesoldlures.com message board.

Lots of knowledge on there.
    Not only is there a lot of knowledge there, but there are a couple of guys (if they are still living as there have been several on there who have died the last few years) who collect just the boxes. A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me an old Creek Chub and I wanted the correct to put it in. One of the guys on there who collected the boxes had the correct one and sold it to me. I am thinking I had to give 25-30 for it. But it was the only one I could locate. Good luck with your search.