Solix Chirp Mega G2 / Link Controls Issues

I own one each, newly released this spring Solix 15 & 12 Chirp Mega SI G2's, 12" on the bow & 15" on the consol, each with software ver# 3.400 (rev 3-22-2019)
    Split L & R SI ducers using the Y cable and also a high speed ducer with it's splitter Y cable.
    Ulterra I-Pilot Link 112# gen1,
    Link Remote Software 2.040 (rev 11-21-2014)
    Link Controller Software 2.150 (rev. 3-19-2015)
    5 port hub
    Lake Master Link version map cards
    Midwest, Great Plains, Dakotas, Minn, Rainey / LOW, Wisc, Great Lakes
    and others that we before the link came about.

I had my first outing with my birds on a local water reservoir this past week. The Pics on the Birds is AWESOME! I will be using SI most often from now on period along with the mapping cards. Never losing depth. SI, DI and 2d Very Pleased @ less than 10 mph! I've got a little SI ducer adjustments to make, no issue.

I've been watching Doug's all of the ones that when using the search function, include "Solix, Solix G2, Link, I-Pilot Link". They are very helpful to familiarize me with my new units after removing my old Core 1198 & 998 that I installed right after they first came out.

Just thought that I would include a bit of an intro to help in your suggestions to resolve my issue. I will not be available very much in the next 8 days as I will be out of the country on a family fisit. My internet will be extremely limited. When I return I'll be about 6 days before I go to Lake Oahe for a week. I use the Link a ton there.

My issue,
    Link is not functioning, by that I mean

I can from my birds Link window, stow and deploy but that's about it.
    I cannot, power the prop (actually I think that I could turn the button yellow and white but nothing more), alter speed, trim up or down, follow contour, steer left or right, and past that I don't remember.

The Remote still works just fine and full functioning. I have no idea if the pedal works as I've never hooked it up and it does not ride in the boat any more. Or maybe I have it hidden under the rear deck, heck I don't remember.

As I said, I will be limited on my phone while out of the country for a bit over a week.

Thanks Much!
    Denny O

2. Member
    I think your issue is the gen 1 link not being totally capable of all functions from the solix unit. I have a terrova gen 1 and it is not able to use most of the functions from the solix screen. I have to use the micro remote and the solix screen together . The gen 2 is capable of all functions from the solix screen

3. Member
    AH, Crap, Realy!??
    Link and controller software is the same!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olecrosseyes View Post
    AH, Crap, Realy!??
    Link and controller software is the same!

I am afraid so. I noticed this after I updated to 3.36 that not all remote functions from the solix would not work. have not heard from anyone with the gen 2 have any issues ith the solix remote screen

5. Member
    ntslam, can you point me to some websites where you have seen this to be stated?

Seems odd to me as I am usually fairly current on information about HB, Link and Minnkota that I've never heard or sniffed this.

Anyone else confirm this?

6. Member
    Gen 1 Ulterra meaning not Bluetooth?

7. Member
    Correct, I have the first Ulterra 36v 112# 60" shaft with a US2 sold by BPS

8. Member
    OLe I think the only documentation is going to be all the updates after 2015. Those changes and fixes are not implemented in your Ulterra. Like my Onix, time marches on. Sorry... Bob

9. Member
    Hopefully a final update (if all works after I install the plug and play parts!) Maybe bobcoy and Wayne was somewhat on the right track, but was not pointing me towards the real answer. Still very helpful!! Many thanks Guys!!

Phoned Humminbird customer support last monday late afternoon. They wanted me to seperate the units and cable direct to the trolling motor one on one to isolate the issue if possible. And do so when I was on the water to test and be able to call them back while in the boat.
    I haven’t been on the water yet but in my driveway late this afternoon there was no change when doing what HB and one of the other sites suggested about a controlled separation, so I called Minnkota.

The man @ Minnkota was very nice to speak with easy to understand and seemed to me that even though he could have been somewhat new, he still was following his own thought process as opposed to reading a predetermined resource manuel to do step by step try this and did that resolve Y/N like the graft companies do. The man gave me bad news after running it buy his fellow workers, incompatible and requires the new technology of the new motor , Damm! $3233.00 with tax, for a new one!! Wow that made my day. NOT! I’d rather wait till after I-Cast 2019 to see what will be heading our way first!
    HE stalled just a touch and said, “There is one option, there is an upgrade kit that is available only for your Ulterra that will bring it up to the new Bluetooth I-Pilot Link w/US2 unit with a the new touch screen remote $820 w/ tax customer pickup @ Mankato, MN.” He double LL YES! I only won't get the MDI ducer of the new units If I'd buy the latest one. He went on to state that since the Solix was so advanced and it’s software does not look back prior to bluetooth in the Gen 2 series, is the reason for the issue with the link. He also stated that No other trolling motor in the Minnkota line has this as an option. All others need a new motor (I assume within freshwater series but I don’t know).
    I will keep this posted if there is any other adverse changes that requires an update. As it seems the issues are very specific to the old Ulterras and the new Solix Mega Gen 2's because of Bluetooth.
    Last edited by Olecrosseyes; 06-05-2019 at 07:28 PM.