2005 Triton TR-186 new motor set up help.

I bought my TR-186 with a 2005 Evinrude DI 150 new.after 14yrs and 731hrs. I loved the boat so much, I decided to keep it till I die. So I purchased a 2018 Evinrude E-tec 150.
    The Di set up was. No jack plate. 4 blade 23 pitch renegade prop. Motor mounted all the way up.
    Amazing hole shot and bite. WOT was 5200rpms and gps 59.2mphs.
    New E-tec 150 is also mounted in top hole, no jack plate. Running same renegade prop (till i can figure out which prop works best for the E-tec)
    My runs have been a little scary. Still a geeat hole shot. But prop has no bite and slips in turns. Even if i trim motor down. At WOT. I hit 5200-5300rpms and gps was 59.8mph and i had to back out. The prop started slipping and ass end was kicking. Like hitting a patch of ice. Ive been in tritons before with chime walk. This was not chime walking.
    So I need some advice on which prop is anyone with a E-Tec 150 running?
    I have a friend that has a raker 2 in 22 and 24 pitch. 3 blade props. I tried the 24 with no vent plugs and prop would blow out and never get out of the hole. I will try it again with full closed plugs and then his 22 pitch. But wont be till he gets home from his Chautauqua trip over memorial day wkend.

Thank you

2. Member
    Anyone running a 18' triton with a evinrude E-Tec 150?

3. Member
    What is your water pressure first thing and I would think the motor is to high just by losing bite in turns with a 4 blade prop There is a place on this sight where you can find instructions to check your motor height .

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=93054 this might get you pointed in the right direction Norm

4. Member
    Prop to pad is 4". Which is the same as the older motor was. Water pressure gauge isn't working correctly since the motor swap. Im guessing air or dirt got in the line. Dealer is going to flush out the tube.
    Rpm range is about 300-400rpms to low, for the rpm range of this motor. Which would suggest a smaller prop. But the slipping would suggest to get a bigger prop? The storms in ohio have put me back another week to test the raker props my friend has.

5. Member
    I answered on your other post. Get a 22 raker and a 6" jack plate would help too.