Ranger 370V with 150EFI 23P Tempest Plus Lower RPMs

I replaced my motor a few years ago and just recently re-setup the motor. I put replaced with a 23P Tempest on when the boat was at 6" PTP. I raised it to the highest position on the transom and am at about 4". The boat gets out of the hole very well but i am only turning about 5K RPM. I am getting to about 53MPH. The prop has large plugs (holes). I noticed that I can trim up all the way and the boat slows down about 3 to 4 MPH and i do lose some water pressure. It appears on my gauge to be about 20PSI when i am hooked up just below full "up" position.

2. Member
    Okay,so what is your question? Just off hand,I’d say put on a 6” jack plate and set the prop at about 3.5” under and see where that puts you,speed and rpm wise. You might need to drop down to a 21 Tempest+ to get your rpm up. That hull doesn’t have much built in set back so a small,plate can help a lot.

3. Member
    check your plugs.i had a bad coil on
    when I checked the plugs one looked really good. that cylinder wasn't firing.

4. Member
    Probably one cylinder not firing and your at least one mounting hole too high since you don't have a plate. That motor is a 2.4 L high revving motor that needs to run closer to 5800 rpm's so a 21 tempest would be a better choice.