Thread: Ott!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I just always find it comical really. all the haters talking about the five biggest the 91 smallest
    I can tell ya I couldn't keep up with these guys on my best day with all the gear tackle warehouse has...….can you Bertrand caught almost 90lb of fish in 1 day. would love to see how many here could do that. I know I couldn't
    Especially those haters when they are only weighing in 10 pounds or less for their best five.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Especially those haters when they are only weighing in 10 pounds or less for their best five.

3. Member
    Only the guys on the forums are still complaining about the new format and trails.... Why do some of you care so much, the guys had a decision to make, it's their careers. If it was a good move for them, and they are all okay with it, then I think the rest of us should get over it and move on.

4. Member
    I am still predicting a mass exodus after contracts are up.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    What do you consider mass? More than 50%?

Same here, one and done deal.

7. Member
    If the NFL did the same as regular tournaments and only counted number of touchdowns, everyone here would go ballistic if their team scored 28 points on 7 field goals and 1 touchdown, but the win is given to the other team with 14 points because they scored 2 touchdowns. Or their basketball team scores 104 points to the other teams 99, but because the other team only had 3 3 pointers all game, they made more baskets.

Most every sport has only a single way to track the winner, the most points/goals wins. With bass fishing, it's always been about pounds determining the better angler. But someone who only catches 5 fish in a day on Table Rock but they are all over 3lbs, that's luck. Someone who catches 50 fish in a day might still get 5 3lb fish, but they caught 45 other fish too. Which one is the better angler?
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    If the NFL did the same as regular tournaments and only counted number of touchdowns, everyone here would go ballistic if their team scored 28 points on 7 field goals and 1 touchdown, but the win is given to the other team with 14 points because they scored 2 touchdowns. Or their basketball team scores 104 points to the other teams 99, but because the other team only had 3 3 pointers all game, they made more baskets.

Most every sport has only a single way to track the winner, the most points/goals wins. With bass fishing, it's always been about pounds determining the better angler. But someone who only catches 5 fish in a day on Table Rock but they are all over 3lbs, that's luck. Someone who catches 50 fish in a day might still get 5 3lb fish, but they caught 45 other fish too. Which one is the better angler?

I'm gonna say the placekicker.
    Who controls John Gill?

Yep

If it was not for this site I would never know what happened on the MLF.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Banned
    Maybe. Idk. They’ll have no where to go. Won’t be real easy for them to get back into BASS. Have to fish their way back in through the opens. I think many will just fade away, and ride their name as far as it will take them.

I was off work today, so I watched a bunch of it today. It was not good. I mean it’s good background noise cause it’s fishing, but lord this was a brutal dink fest at best.

12. Member
    I know they’re trying to build storylines and “records,” but a new record every week is kinda stretching it. I think it’d be more meaningful if anyone knew what the records were based off of instead of “record breaking day” everyday. Maybe just note the highmarks and start calling them records next year... i don’t know it just seems kinda silly. In some sports it’s a minimal of X amount of plate appearances etc. before they start shattering records. I get it. It’s just kinda repetitive, when we (the fans) have nothing to measure it from.

If you get the chance, get on the lake and watch these anglers. Watched the today on the Rock from my boat.
    All I can say is these guys fish FAST ! I did get to see Swindle in penalty multiple times. He didn’t seem to like it !

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Ott's gonna have to change the name of his fishing show... Hunt for Barely Legal Bass... Dan

15. Member
    Ott has always been one of my favorite guys. Humble and hard working, definitely one of the people I’d love to fish with. The format is what it is. I’m not a fan of the BPT Live but I love MLF. From the commentators, to cutting away from anglers giving tips to show a barely legal fish being weighed in, to the fishing group format it just has a gimmicky feeling. These guys might be the “best of the best” and that’s why people watch them, but honestly those same people who use that excuse better well say any professional sport is 1000x better than college, or an off league like the XFL, Arena Football etc. otherwise they are talking themselves into watching a format for the people not the format itself. Talking with my bass club and pretty much every fisherman I know and they all can’t stand the BPT and the arrogance behind it. The weighing of undersized fish that are smaller than either state or lake limits are also a turn off.

just to stir the pot, of course every angler in the tour says the BPT is gods gift to earth. The owners are their competitors too so anything they sad bad about it can come back to haunt them. Listen to the tone they use when they talk on podcasts, it feels almost forced and scripted. If anyone went to you and asked if you liked your company that you helped start, wouldn’t you say it’s great or are you going to bash your own product and company?
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Ott has always been one of my favorite guys. Humble and hard working, definitely one of the people I’d love to fish with. The format is what it is. I’m not a fan of the BPT Live but I love MLF. From the commentators, to cutting away from anglers giving tips to show a barely legal fish being weighed in, to the fishing group format it just has a gimmicky feeling. These guys might be the “best of the best” and that’s why people watch them, but honestly those same people who use that excuse better well say any professional sport is 1000x better than college, or an off league like the XFL, Arena Football etc. otherwise they are talking themselves into watching a format for the people not the format itself. Talking with my bass club and pretty much every fisherman I know and they all can’t stand the BPT and the arrogance behind it. The weighing of undersized fish that are smaller than either state or lake limits are also a turn off.

just to stir the pot, of course every angler in the tour says the BPT is gods gift to earth. The owners are their competitors too so anything they sad bad about it can come back to haunt them. Listen to the tone they use when they talk on podcasts, it feels almost forced and scripted. If anyone went to you and asked if you liked your company that you helped start, wouldn’t you say it’s great or are you going to bash your own product and company?
    I think whats missed by all the "catch 5" amatuer tourney guys is how few they are compared to folks that just fish for fun. Many on here have pointed out how big googan squad is, and that style of fun fishing is more prevelant than amateur tourney stuff. I look for more bpt style amateur tourneys to pop up in the future.
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 05-20-2019 at 06:34 PM.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

Everybody i know likes BPT and the format

18. Member

19. Member
    Even when they were hammerin big fish the first few tourneys ---these dink fest guys were still spewing about BPT being a dink fest . Blah Blah Blah . still same ol story if you dont like it just dont tune in . Simple solution.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

20. Member
    Watched one tournament they lost me . I know who cares huh ? Well I bet the tackle companies do if sales slump .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast