Humminbird Helix 9 DI G2N transducer problem...

I have a Humminbird Helix 9 DI G2N mounted at my bow and have been experiencing transducer display problems.

I'm using the MinnKota MKR-US2-11 Extension Cable for US2 Motors along with the MinnKota US2 Adaptor Cable for Humminbird 7 Pin adapter to hook the internal Ultrex US2 transducer (the non-DI model) to the helix unit. Very often I see a bunch of thin horizontal lines going all the way up through the water column reading on my helix followed by a slow fall down the water column until the display is true to the depth I am in. It sporadically (and frequently) resets back to a distorted reading with what seems like no reason at all. Then, there are times where there is a solid line (sometimes thick) up near the top of the water column that does not disappear.

To troubleshoot this, I installed a Humminbird XTM-9-DI-25-T 15 Foot Trolling Motor Transducer to the bottom of my 112 Ultrex w/link gen 1, so I could use DI up front and see if it was a wire problem OR adapter problem. The Humminbird transducer wire on the external DI wires straight to the Helix unit.

I have pretty much the same exact issue using the DI transducer and NOT the internal Ultrex transducer. That seems to mean that it is a problem with the Helix Unit itself. Has anybody else experienced these display issues with their Helix units? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First of all the US2 does not do Down Imaging.
    Next is the unit default 2D frequency is 200/455 kHz.
    Next is the US2 is a 83/200 kHz transducer.

Select Generic 83/200 kHz to use the US2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks, Wayne. I know the original Ultrex internal ducer does not do DI. It’s the sonar reading where I am having display issues (with both ducers). I have the frequency properly set at 83/200 kHz. Sorry for not mentioning that.

4. Member
    Any help would be appreciated. I hope the Helix head unit does not have to be replaced, I purchased it in March of last year...