Which do you think has the best future?

Boeing, John Deere, Apple, or Tesla? Short and long future, just curious to see what everyone else thinks. If you were to invest in all of these, which do you think would have the best short gain and which would have the best long gain?

2. Member
    John Deere and Apple has a long track record and will continue to do well in the long term. Tesla has a lot of volatility with it's leadership and uncertainty with their game plan. I can't answer your question on short term because I don't look at corporate investments that way, but I would have no problem in investing in JD or Apple.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    John Deere and Apple has a long track record and will continue to do well in the long term. Tesla has a lot of volatility with it's leadership and uncertainty with their game plan. I can't answer your question on short term because I don't look at corporate investments that way, but I would have no problem in investing in JD or Apple.
    Thanks for your input

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't look at it as who has the best future, I look at it as risk vs. reward. Also short and long term are different for different people.

TSLA has the highest risk reward. From their current price, $200, they could get cut in half or double. I do like it when a stock sells off ahead of earnings. A short squeeze could be epic in this name. Good trading stock for quick gains or losses and only a long term investment if you have deep pockets and a strong stomach

BA, imho, at current price, $350, is a good risk reward. They get the planes figured out and a trade deal and BA may get to new highs. I think this is a good investment

DE, not sure, but at 135, worth a look.

AAPL, just better off buying it whenever it drops and holding long term.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I don't look at it as who has the best future, I look at it as risk vs. reward. Also short and long term are different for different people.

TSLA has the highest risk reward. From their current price, $200, they could get cut in half or double. I do like it when a stock sells off ahead of earnings. A short squeeze could be epic in this name. Good trading stock for quick gains or losses and only a long term investment if you have deep pockets and a strong stomach

BA, imho, at current price, $350, is a good risk reward. They get the planes figured out and a trade deal and BA may get to new highs. I think this is a good investment

DE, not sure, but at 135, worth a look.

AAPL, just better off buying it whenever it drops and holding long term.
    Thanks

6. Member
    I know it is not on your list but BRKB is probably the Best Buy hold stock out there for the long term. It gives you exposure to Apple, Amazon, Wells Fargo and other stocks and investments. If I had to own one stock to buy and hold that would be the one.

7. Member
    There is a article posted on CNN Business today about Wall Street thoughts on Tesla and there future. Interesting read as the op brought up the subject about investing in Tesla.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Everybody is bearish TSLA. The downgrades, the articles, the commentary talking about 10 or 45 per share. Maybe they're right this time. But I've seen this play book before. I would imagine that shorts have piled in and weak longs are already gone.

might be a good risk reward.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    I'll check out BRKB, thanks for the suggestion. I saw that article on tesla, it was an interesting read. I think TSLA could be good, but I think it's probably too much of a risk for me. I haven't quite decided yet.
    Last edited by Bassmaster96; 05-22-2019 at 08:32 PM.

10. Member
    So if trump gives that payout to aid the farmers you would think Deere is bullish right?

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    So if trump gives that payout to aid the farmers you would think Deere is bullish right?

Why would it be bullish?
    Thanos was the hero

12. Member
    Why would it be bullish?
    Originally I thought farmers would probably spend the money, which should help Deere out. But, if the trade war continues, the farmers will most likely hold the money, or pay debt with it. Does that sound accurate?

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Originally I thought farmers would probably spend the money, which should help Deere out. But, if the trade war continues, the farmers will most likely hold the money, or pay debt with it. Does that sound accurate?

That sounds better.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    That sounds better.
    Thanks

15. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    i would never bet on farmers money. They understand tough times and typically only spend when necessary....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    i would never bet on farmers money. They understand tough times and typically only spend when necessary....
    Good point