Thread: Z19 Repower?

Z19 Repower?

Hey guys,

Just looking for preliminary opinions. I am thinking of doing a re-power of my Pro xs 200 (2 stroke) 2017 and going to a pro xs 4 stroke...My other thought is re-power with just a regular Mercury 200 4 stroke... any thoughts appreciated. Might be better question for Mercury form, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has considered opting out of the PRO XS for the regular 4 stroke.
    2017 Nitro

2. Member
    I'm a new owner of the new 4S ProXS 200HP, powering a 2019 Z19. Man, it's completely amazing. I am blown away. Consider that if you repower, individual buyers are looking at 12+ months wait time on the new Pro XS. Mercury is lagging demand and all new units are being allocated to boat MFG's.

3. Member
    I would wait at least until your warranty is up. Why switch now? Let all the kinks get worked out. They're pushing these things out the door and there's going to be some initial design flaws that will be corrected over the next year or two. (Although everyone that has one is going to tell you it's the greatest thing since sliced bread). If you had a 2010, I would say go for it... unless you're just super sick of replenishing oil.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    I would wait at least until your warranty is up. Why switch now? Let all the kinks get worked out. They're pushing these things out the door and there's going to be some initial design flaws that will be corrected over the next year or two. (Although everyone that has one is going to tell you it's the greatest thing since sliced bread). If you had a 2010, I would say go for it... unless you're just super sick of replenishing oil.
    That's a solid point. I can handle the oil, I'm just such a big fan of four stroke engines. If I was smart I would've waited a few months till they switched over...oh well! I think what you're saying is probably the best bet!
    2017 Nitro

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KC_Bass_Fanatic View Post
    I'm a new owner of the new 4S ProXS 200HP, powering a 2019 Z19. Man, it's completely amazing. I am blown away. Consider that if you repower, individual buyers are looking at 12+ months wait time on the new Pro XS. Mercury is lagging demand and all new units are being allocated to boat MFG's.
    Yeah that's what my dealer said...I'm not sure I'd go with the pro xs. I was quoted 1000 dollars more for pro xs...my thought is what am I really getting besides two more cylinders
    2017 Nitro

6. Member
    Just upgrade your existing motor to maximum platinum warranty and get your prop worked by mark if you want better performance. Just my .02
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

7. Member
    a whole lot of extra torque is what the two extra cylinders do. Also the pro xs has low water pick ups for bass boat engine mounting applications. you will lose power if you get the standard 4-stroke from your optimax pro-xs.

pro xs models have more usable rpm, meaning you can use a smaller pitch prop to help wholeshot and maintain top speed
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089