Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question 2018 ZX250 coming apart!!!!!

I purchased a brand new 2018 Zx250 8months ago love the boat. But fished all weekend woke up this morning to unplug my batteries and noticed the top gunnel on the driver side was flexing from rub rail then noticed the back of the top gunnel next to the transom there is about a 2 inch gap from the top gunnel separated from the hull. Has any one else had issues with their skeeter doing this or has heard of any problems with the top caps coming apart I’m on my way to my dealer now to drop it off.

2. Member
    Interesting... only issue i had was i was missing about 10" of RTV/silicone on top of my starboard sponson under the rub rail.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

This is the first I have heard of this.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

4. Member
    I dropped the boat off to foothills marine Yesterday morning. They have seen it 1 other time, so pictures where taken and calls where made to skeeter and now we wait. Said to say “I WILL NOT” be ridding in that skeeter any moor. Hopefully skeeter will give me a new hull I would think that’s the proper thing to do. This one is just not safe and I could not see my self putting my family or any one in danger knowing it could come apart again. It will always be on my mind. Just a bad build that day. We are thinking the bad has a bad stringer and causing it to flex. From the console to the back pod all the screws that hold the rub railing are either bent of broken in too.

5. Banned
    I'll bet they aren't going to replace your boat for that.

Pictures???
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    Not letting me upload the picks for some reason. But your prolly right they most likely will not replace the hull hopefully, but either way she’s gone, I will trade up for the FX depending on how skeeter treats me, meaning. Moving to another brand.

8. Member
    if you email me pictures i can upload. I am curious to see these pictures
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    Daymnnn! I hate hearing that news.
    just happens to be my model and year.
    Keep us posted on the outcome.

10. Member
    Head guy from skeeter called me so far very nice conversation. They are sending a truck to pick it up from the dealer ship. Said it will take roughly 30 days before they will get back with me. Either decision that is made the boats gone from my life either they give me a new hull or I will take my lose and trade up just won’t be able to live with that liability. It’s a dirty shame it’s a brand new boat I have bin threw several Rangers this was my 1st skeeter love the boat but sucks. Depending on how skeeter treats me is when I determine what brand I’m going to buy. I know the difference between a bad rub rail this think has to have a bad stringer to cause it to move like it did.

11. Member
    Did they offer you a loaner boat till they get a decision and fix?
    it sucks to sit on the sidelines and thumb for rides.
    I hope you have some good buddies who are capable fisherman.
    And will let you have the front of the boat occasionally.

12. Member
    No offer of a loaner but I do have ol faithful in the garage 2012 Z520 that never let me down.

13. Member
    Good luck! And I hope Skeeter will do the right thing. If not, seek legal counsel, especially on a brand new boat.

14. Member
    I’m prepared to do what needs to be done. It’s up to skeeter to make the right move. Which I believe they will. I will keep you fellas posted

15. Member
    I bought a new 2017 Skeeter from Foothills as well. Please keep us posted as to how Foothills and Skeeter respond to this. It will impact if I ever do business with them or not. In my opinion the dealers gonna have to play a huge role in this matter. Also am curious as to how they reacted when they saw ur boat. Hope they acted like they cared.

16. Member
    Hell, even Nitro replaced my brother's hull when a stringer failed and the cap came loose. I would demand a new hull, no questions asked.

17. Member
    They was shocked when they saw the hull claiming they sell 300 boats a year for 25 years and have only saw this once before. So far every one is helpful.

18. Member
    They don't sell 300 Skeeters

19. Member
    He said boats not sure if the owner meant just skeeters or that’s including other brands they sell combined. Idk

I have heard of Skeeters breaking screws and cap coming loose but never heard of a 2" though.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast