Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassbossG3 View Post
    I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2020 ZX 225 when they come out in Sept. 2019 or Oct. 2019. I would have bought a 2019 model only they can't find the color I want and If I spend that much money I am gonna get what I want. Anyhow just thought I would say that if they don't stand behind their boat I will be getting a Falcon F205. Sure it is a little more money but like I said I will get what I want if I'm gonna spend that much. Both of those boats are running neck and neck however, Falcon is a newer company and everyone I talk to has nothing but great things to say about Skeeter. Well we will see I guess. I hope all the luck man.

I would dread if my new boat had something like this happen and they not do anything about it. Not just that but my wife would kill me for spending this kind of money on a new boat that would fall apart lol... I am more scared of her then them. Best of luck I am sure Skeeter will make it right. Please keep me updated though.
    I like your second choice in a Falcon. I crawled all over on at the 2018 Classic and fell in love with the layout. In the end the Falcon dealer flaked out. They acted like they didn't want to sell a boat. I went with the Skeeter ZX250. So far it has been a great boat. Had some trailer issues early on but the dealer worked through that right away.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Did Skeeter take care of you?

3. Member
    Topcap separated from a previous boat of mine as well....... Not a Skeeter. Mine was a 90mph boat and no way did I feel safe enough to ever drive it again after it was fixed. I towed it to plant and waited for them to fix and on the 14hr drive back home I was making phone calls to dealers to trade my boat in. Took a 27k lose on a 9 month old boat, but it was peace of mind. Doubt you will get new boat out of this. My bet They are just going to put more adhesive and bigger screws or rivets. A boat that separates would never feel safe to me, and just wreaks of poor quality. I know it happens, but this and transom failures are not acceptable in my book, but maybe I’m just too picky

4. Member
    what kind of boat did you have?

5. Member
    Looks like it didn’t go his way . Lawyer must of told him to stop all public comments. Damn sucks to be him. Damn

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Looks like it didn’t go his way . Lawyer must of told him to stop all public comments. Damn sucks to be him. Damn
    Yeah right. Lol.

7. Member
    probly repaired an sent back generally stops the posting business.

8. Member
    I’m staying quite for the moment, boat did come back yesterday 7-24/2019 after 3 months but worst shape now then when they picked it up. Whole different set of problems now. Very sad... stay put I will post when I’m ready of picks videos and emails.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMarkszx250 View Post
    I’m staying quite for the moment, boat did come back yesterday 7-24/2019 after 3 months but worst shape now then when they picked it up. Whole different set of problems now. Very sad... stay put I will post when I’m ready of picks videos and emails.
    Unbelievable...that is unacceptable....I guess your Attorney will be getting a call from you.
    Brad Krone

10. Member
    Ranger never let me down lol!
    No offer of a loaner but I do have ol faithful in the garage 2012 Z520 that never let me down.

11. Member
    Also, Skeeters are known for their screw/cap problems. If I were you I'd trade the boat in and get something else. Just my .2. If they give you a new hull though keep it.

12. Member
    Other than this board/thread, I have never heard of Skeeters being known for screw or cap problems. Now I have seen personally cap separation issues from other brands, mainly from abuse in rough water conditions that we can get here in Michigan on our great lakes, but I can honestly say I haven never heard of Skeeters having screw/cap problems. I have owned 5 skeeters to date over the last 20 years, never had any separation or cap issues. An occasional stress crack, minor trailer issues, electronic brain key pads issues, yes, but my experience overall has been a very solid hull.

13. Member
    Same here, never herd of anything bad about the brand that’s one reason I purchased one,
    you wont believe the PMs I get from people with the same issues currently and in the past years. But I can assure you there will never ever be another skeeter bass boat in my garage. I understand this could of happened with any boat I purchased but after dealing with skeeters warranty department I’m done! The guys behind the computer emailing the customers are great to deal with but the people they have working on the floor fixing the issues are just plain stupid..my boat shows how they handle issues it was never inspected before it left the plant. If they inspected the boat they could have fixed every thing right and I would have never known any of the other issues. My boat did not go in for a simple fix the top cap separated from the hull and they so call fixed it. Now we have another issue when they took the cap off some how they seem to have busted the inside of the hull on both sides sever stress cracks on the starboard side and port sides the same but busted. My boat is wrapped, Monday am foothills will be pulling the wrap back and I’m sure the sides and back will have cracks...Dirty shame boat only has 60hrs well taken care of. Also notice the left side area of the boats rub rail was not placed properly and is loose from the boat about a 10 inch section. This side had no issues before. Basically they sent my boat back 3 months latter in worst shape than before.... not telling any one not to purchase a new skeeter it can happen to any brand boat you buy but, I would have expected way better Quality and service out of the skeeter brand.

14. Member
    Same here, never herd of anything bad about the brand that’s one reason I purchased one,<br>
    you wont believe the PMs I get from people with the same issues currently and in the past years. But I can assure you there will never ever be another skeeter bass boat in my garage. I understand this could of happened with any boat I purchased but after dealing with skeeters warranty department I’m done! The guys behind the computer emailing the customers are great to deal with but the people they have working on the floor fixing the issues are just plain stupid..my boat shows how they handle issues it was never inspected before it left the plant. If they inspected the boat they could have fixed every thing right and I would have never known any of the other issues. My boat did not go in for a simple fix the top cap separated from the hull and they so call fixed it. Now we have another issue when they took the cap off some how they seem to have busted the inside of the hull on both sides sever stress cracks on the starboard side and port sides the same but busted. My boat is wrapped, Monday am foothills will be pulling the wrap back and I’m sure the sides and back will have cracks...Dirty shame boat only has 60hrs well taken care of. Also notice the left side area of the boats rub rail was not placed properly and is loose from the boat about a 10 inch section. This side had no issues before. Basically they sent my boat back 3 months latter in worst shape than before.... not telling any one not to purchase a new skeeter it can happen to any brand boat you buy but, I would have expected way better Quality and service out of the skeeter brand.

15. Member
    To be honest, why isn’t your dealer taking care of this with skeeter?

16. Banned

http://www.boatus.com/consumer/backup_6_8_2005/art2.asp

As with auto "lemon" laws, most boat "lemon" law legislation would protect consumers when defects, conditions and nonconformities that substantially impair the use, value and safety of a vessel can not be corrected after three attempts per defect or if the boat is out of service for repairs for 45 or more days. Ultimately, a manufacturer could be required to either replace a boat or engine or refund the purchase price, less an offset for reasonable use. Such problems would have to be items normally covered by the written warranty and would have to be reported to the manufacturer within a prescribed time frame.

17. Member
    Pics or it isn’t true
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

18. Member
    Another tail light warranty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123