Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’ve seen plenty with the screws sheared off holes wallowed out from rough water. It’s a straight out design flaw since they don’t bond the cap to the hull internally. 2 screw jacks is not the proper way to support a deck that has various loads in different directions.
    Don’t get your hopes up on a new hull, unless they find a crack on a stringer.

Insert every boat maker here______. I’ve seen problems with every single boat manufacture on this board at one time or another. Skeeter will fix the problem just as the other manufactures have done. It just takes some time to make it happen.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 05-27-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    It’s a dirty shame.

4. Member
    Any pictures?

5. Member
    I do have pictures but my attorney asked me not to post any at this time.

6. Member
    Glad you have an attorney. I don't understand how a company would not stand behind their product on an issue like this with no questions asked. Damn boat is coming apart. I could see if it was 10 years old and beat to hell, but damn!

7. Member
    Right there with you my FX is doing the same damn thing

8. Member
    Amazing what year is your FX?

9. Member
    Can you please keep us up dated on what happens with your boat and how it is handled by Skeeter.
    It must be frustrating when you had to get an attorney involved when its a new boat.
    I have been looking at getting a new boat next spring and Skeeter was on the short list. If Skeeter won't stand behind there product I'll
    look else where.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMarkszx250 View Post
    Amazing what year is your FX?

11. Member
    I have not had my attorney talk to either party yet I’m trying to handle it all on my own. Hopefully we don’t have to go that rout. But if it dose get out of my hand I’m prepared. I will keep every one up to date. Love the boat no complaints on performance or any thing other than the cap issue. Either way I’m going to end up with a FX depending on how skeeter treats me.

12. Member
    Give them some time, they helped me out with a problem a few years back, impressed me with the customer service for sure. My problem was different than yours, but the ending outcome I was very pleased with, and would recommend them to any one since then. They will take care of you I am sure, and I was dealing with Skeeter directly, not going thru dealership, and I also took my boat to the Skeeter factor for repair, didn't want to wait on them to come pick it up.

13. Member
    My 2017 has had the screws back out in different sections everywhere on the boat. It has mainly been due to toldeo bend and rayburn rough water. I have literally taken every screw out and put a dab of silicone on them a screwed back in. Took the whole rub rail off and did the same thing with the screws holding the cap to the hull.
    I have not had to tighten up anymore screws since i have done this. I have taken some screws out so the silicone dosen't cause you no to be able to remove the screw. I think this shouldn't have to be done after I paid that much for a brand new boat. I did however change out all the cap screws on my 2006 with larger screws and silicone, and never had issues afterwards.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    Yamaha SHO 225

14. rduzac
    I've noticed on my 2018 FX20 the right rub rail has 3 bulges where it looks like the rivets/bolts (what ever is used) are pushing against the rub rail from underneath.
    Not sure if I bought it this way (bought used from pro in November). Also not sure if the bulges were there from factory.

I will keep an eye on it, but has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
    Rene

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rduzac View Post
    I've noticed on my 2018 FX20 the right rub rail has 3 bulges where it looks like the rivets/bolts (what ever is used) are pushing against the rub rail from underneath.
    Not sure if I bought it this way (bought used from pro in November). Also not sure if the bulges were there from factory.

I will keep an eye on it, but has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
    Rene
    Seen it all the time. Pop the rub rail insert out in that area and you'll see the backed out screws. Suggest you tighten them back in with some caulk or atleast silicone.

16. rduzac
    Thanks wbrown, so sounds like no concerns with separation. :-)

17. Member
    the screws that com installed from the factory have some epoxy on the when they go thru It heats up an takes a set .

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    the screws that com installed from the factory have some epoxy on the when they go thru It heats up an takes a set .
    Yeap! My almost 10 year old ZX is still perfect! I even pulled off the rub rail insert just to check. Every boat I’ve owned up to this point the screws have backed out.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

19. Member
    Just an update. So far my SKEETER has bin in Texas at the skeeter plant setting on a truck in there parking lot for 13 day now. ��*♂️

20. Member
    I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2020 ZX 225 when they come out in Sept. 2019 or Oct. 2019. I would have bought a 2019 model only they can't find the color I want and If I spend that much money I am gonna get what I want. Anyhow just thought I would say that if they don't stand behind their boat I will be getting a Falcon F205. Sure it is a little more money but like I said I will get what I want if I'm gonna spend that much. Both of those boats are running neck and neck however, Falcon is a newer company and everyone I talk to has nothing but great things to say about Skeeter. Well we will see I guess. I hope all the luck man.

I would dread if my new boat had something like this happen and they not do anything about it. Not just that but my wife would kill me for spending this kind of money on a new boat that would fall apart lol... I am more scared of her then them. Best of luck I am sure Skeeter will make it right. Please keep me updated though.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225
    Tempest Plus 25p prop
    112 Minn Koda Ultrex I-Piolet Link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast