Hagen

Magnum wobblehead

I thought I would ask here first since this bait has alot of history in LA. Does anyone make this lure in a magnum or larger size big enough to throw with zoom magnum trick worm? Surely someone is making them somewhere since they are so simple. Thanks for input you have.

Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

2. Member
    I remember when I was a kid, these were made by Cotton Cordell. And I remember when they were sold to the company in Monroe. I grew up 50 miles south of Monroe. I never remember them making a larger model of this. I do know that the company made some with premium hooks for some of the tournament guys from that area. What I would do, is call the Honey Hole @ 318-396-4253 or Toledo Tackle @ 318-343-2596 (Monroe store) or 318-396-3600 (West Monroe). I believe they are now different owners at the 2 Toledo Tackle Stores, so if one doesn't know, the other one might. If all else fails, make your own. One of the big tournament guys here where I live now makes his own, and the bend is a little different to give the worm a little different action. Good luck them! And remember, the hotter the weather, normally the better the fishing is on the Wobble Head.

3. Hagen
    Thanks for all of the info, I think this is what it's going to come to, me messing with some to figure out how to make it run deeper and/or with a bigger worm. Maybe by making it a little different style or adding some kind of led suspend dots or something. Thanks again

4. Member
    I grew up in West Monroe,LA and remember using them alot....still have some and use them frequently....slow rollin' em by cypress trees is a killer...been living in south LA for 30 years now and not many folks down here even know about them...good for me! I usually spray paint the brass to match the color of worm I'm using....use clear epoxy over the paint to make it last longer...the strikes are wicked!

5. Member
    Swampshark...I've told this story before on here, but when Cordell made them, they made them in other colors. Our favorite was purple. Now most people just fish the red one with a natural color 6" Creme worm. But my brother moved to the Shreveport area and was fishing Cross Lake one day when the GW's checked his license and his fish. He had caught several and the Wardens told him no one they had checked had even caught a fish and asked him what he was catching them on. He told them a Wobble Head and showed the bait to them as they had never seen or heard of one. In the next week's paper, the fishing report said that bass were being caught on Cross on a Wobble Head...lol. We had a good laugh at that.

It is hard to slow it down in the Summer to keep it from coming to the top, but once you catch a fish or 2 on it, it gets easier to do.

6. Hagen
    That's my problem, getting to carried away and reeling to fast.

7. Member
    The owner of the company is a FLW pro Jim Dillard from West Monroe . You can get ahold of him through Facebook. Not sure they make a bigger model.

8. Hagen
    Thank you sir

9. Member
    Caught my largest bass to date on that lure.
    Bacon tackle in Shreveport might have that it an old school tackle store.