Best Lake near Nashville in September

We are looking for a lake near Nashville in September for good fishing and within 2 hours of Nashville.

TIA

2. Member
    September is the absolute worst time to fish in the south.
    Both Tims Ford and Woods are east of Nashville, toward Chattanooga, roughly 1 - 1.5 hours away. If night fishing doesn't bother you, I would try those.
    Get there maybe an hour before dark to figure out where you are and how to get around. Woods is much smaller than Tims Ford.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    September is the absolute worst time to fish in the south.
    Both Tims Ford and Woods are east of Nashville, toward Chattanooga, roughly 1 - 1.5 hours away. If night fishing doesn't bother you, I would try those.
    Get there maybe an hour before dark to figure out where you are and how to get around. Woods is much smaller than Tims Ford.
    +1 I play golf August, September, and early October.

4. Member
    THANKS!

5. Member
    ^^ They speak the truth. the water is as warm as it will be all year, and the air temps don’t even start to break until ay least mid-September..

All the lakes are beautoful here. With the trees and the hillsodes, Tim’s Ford will provide some shady places morning and evening.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

If you must fish during this time, Cumberland River around Nashville. Go chase some smallies.

It can be tough, but it can also be the best time to be on the water. Fish are schooling up and chasing shad. There are also other bites that are getting strong in September. Feel free to give me a shout and I'll help all I can.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    If you must fish during this time, Cumberland River around Nashville. Go chase some smallies.
    SHHHHHHH!

Seriously, a safe ramp in that part of town is the only downfall. Sure was nice back when Neeleys Bend was an ok place to leave a truck and trailer. I'm more like Jason and don't mind chasing what ever is schooling etc...instead of just chasing bass. But I agree the Scumberland can be a great day if you catch generation right.