Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I bought a Hatsan Edge that came with a scope. It shoots hard. Have taken squirrels and a crow out to 40 yards.

2. Member
    I take out 30+ a year with my Gamo. Trying to keep them out of my pecan tree. Have a spot in my back yard that I toss them and they'll be gone by morning. Lil red fox comes and gets them. Had to set a camera up to find out what was getting them.

3. Member
    Some good info guys, thanks.

I’ve got a Gamo Wildcat Whisper .177 air rifle with scope mounted, and a Remington Vantage .177 I use with iron sights only.
    I prefer the Remington in that price range. The supplied scopes are a joke on most air rifles. It’s more fun to drop squirrels using iron sights. Let them climb the tree, and pop that head up in between the “V” in the limbs. Head shot.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Always had good luck with Field Supply. https://www.fieldsupply.com/airguns/...le-refurb.html

6. Member
    As stated upgrade scope and make sure it is airgun scope or a good airgun will destroy it due to recoil in both directions if it is a springer for sure. Agree with those that recommend Pyramid Air and also Airgun Nation forum for great information.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    Air Gun Depot has a good selection and a Q & A section to help you choose which gun fits your needs.

8. Member
    buy once..cry once. get a beeman r9 or and hw 95 in 177 from pyramid air then order a sample pack of pellets from straight shooters and let the gun pick the pellet it likes to shoot best. make sure the scope is springer rated, most hawk 30 mm scopes are.

9. Member
    i have several of these and they are the copies of beeman guns. i think they are better than walmart if you want to spend a little more money

http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/

10. Member
    I have a Gamo Whisper but haven't had any problems with the scope. I did sight it in on a bench and shoot the Raptor PBA, 5.4 gr pellets out of it. With anything lighter it was all over the target, if it even hit the target.

11. Member
    Look at the PCP air rifles. More power and accuracy than any springer. I have a Benjamin Discovery and a Marauder. Beware that the PCP rabbit hole is deep.
    War Eagle 2072 side console, Mossy Oak, Skinned with carpet,
    115 Optimax, Laser II, 19P.
    Rod locker, storage boxes, Terrova I-Pilot Link
    HB-899, HB-999, Bimini top, Smart Tabs,
    44 mph.

12. Member
    I have a Beeman R10 that is tuned up to over 1400 fps. with a Beeman air rifle scope. As noted do not use a normal firearm scope with a spring piston air rifle it will destroy itself.

13. Member
    hatsan all the way best air rifle around
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

Put a dab of Vaseline or Vick’s in back of pellet before you load it. Definitely makes a difference
    Seals probably won’t last but it sure makes a crack.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

15. GTB
    I bought a Gamo at Walmart for $99. Came with the scope single,shot it works great. If your shots are going to be short use the 10 weight for the pellets as it gives a lot more thumping power but if the shots are longer go with the 7.5 they keep truer at longer distance will take out squirrels rabbits pigeons etc. we use them a lot to kill them damn buffo toads down here which are everywhere and are lethal to small dogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12