Banned

Scariest moment first time turning your Ultrex on.

Anyone else experience this.

So got the new Ultrex installed. Made sure I have enough slack in all the cables. Put the boat in the lake and powered up. The next 30 seconds were probably the scariest in my life when I pushed the pedal to have it go lock to lock. Then after pairing hit spot lock and have it go stop to stop ar a faster pace. Everything was great but it was a tense moment for an old guy like me.

2. Member
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Huh! And I’m 60!
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 05-20-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Dunno if I’d call it scared but I sure felt silly driving the boat in circles to calibrate it the first time out.

5. Member
    Guys have fallin out of there boats before, from Ultrex going nutz!!! Not good!!!
    Last edited by moetorola; 05-20-2019 at 04:52 PM.

6. Banned
    So the head spinning around with you not knowing if the cable tensions and slack were correct. You guys are good.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    So the head spinning around with you not knowing if the cable tensions and slack were correct. You guys are good.
    Luckily you were not hurt or worse!! It is NOT unheard of, here or on facebook of this happening, and not just new installs,, of them going crazy!! Keep your self prepared!!

8. Member
    I think he is saying he was worried that he wouldn't have enough slack in his cables and might mess them up. I don't think he meant he was in danger of being thrown out of the boat.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I think he is saying he was worried that he wouldn't have enough slack in his cables and might mess them up. I don't think he meant he was in danger of being thrown out of the boat.
    Exactly. Actually had to much slack. Was out yesterday spot locked sitting on the rear seat eating a sandwich catching bed fish. The remote is pretty awesome to.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Gotcha,, I miss interpreted..