Thread: Mark twain

Mark twain

I've never been , got a 10-12 boat club tournament in 2 weeks . How's the fishing there now ?
    any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Banned
    The lake is down almost 8 feet over the past two weeks. I went over the dam yesterday and they were pulling water. It was muddy!
    I don't have a fishing report but should after next weekend.

3. Member
    Last weekend there was a pretty decent shallow bite - mostly males but several teams located females. As Tom said, lake is pretty dirty everywhere, and with the weather forecast this week the lake is expected to jump. Stick with the shallow bite no matter what level the lake is when you get there. G'luck.

4. Member
    Thanks for info , I will let you know how I do

5. Member
    Any fish to caught this weekend or is it too high & muddy?

6. Banned
    Lake is back up to 618. My dad lives just north of Palmyra and had 5” of rain Saturday night. Rain hit us at the camper around 3:30 am.

I fished for 15 minutes on Saturday. Had a guy pulling his kids on a tube in Indian that freaked me out. He had no clue where he was at. He was on top of a shit ton of trees. I said something to him then left.

I was solo on Sunday and had no place to tie the boat up after launching so I decided to pack up and go home. Great report, huh? Ha ha

7. Member
    That sucks Tom.

8. Member
    They were lucky if they didnt get impaled by a tree top when they were thrown off the innertube. We decided not to make the trip. I knew it was up 12 to 13 feet, so figured it would be muddying up. Did they have the regular ramps still open or did you have to use the high water ramps?

9. Banned
    Regular ramps were still open at Spalding. Its up to 619.51 as of 6:30 this morning. Not sure what level the water needs to be for them to go to the high water ramp. Have a tournament there next Sunday so I'll prob head up Friday.

10. Member
    I saw that the lake was still rising. Doubt they release much water this week with the river being so high. Good luck! There's a lot of extra water for those fish to hide out.

11. Member
    Twain is approaching 622 now and going nowhere but up. Rapidly. And yes, they are releasing water. A lot.

I think they'll be using only high water ramps by tomorrow.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    Twain is approaching 622 now and going nowhere but up. Rapidly. And yes, they are releasing water. A lot.

I think they'll be using only high water ramps by tomorrow.
    Dang!! It'll be an interesting weekend

13. Member
    Twain is almost at 624 now and going up. Definitely only high water ramps in use now. The main inflow is north fork so that is where most of the big floating logs are but the whole lake is dangerous to run right now.

14. Banned
    Thanks for the info Clyde!

15. Member
    how was twain tom?

16. Banned
    UGH!!! Partner and I fished all day Sunday without a single bite. We tried everything. Water was very dirty with lots of stuff floating.
    Winner had 5 for 12 lbs. 6th place had 3 for 5.6 lbs. Lots of boats blanked. I do believe you had to knock one on the head to get it to bite.

On a side note....I heard the Fishing for Freedom event out of Quincy had 100 boats that had to go to Twain because of the flooding on the Mississippi. Someone told me (I have not confirmed) only 10 fish were weighed?

Appears Twain has crested and is on its way back down although we have rain predicted all week.

17. Member
    Hopefully the rain stops!