Thread: 1042

Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Got it on a couple of weeks ago .If your not happy with the 93 for side scan the 1042 and new 10-12 inch Echomap will be a big improvement over the lower resolution 93.Just to make it clear the 93 at 599 was a steal and is a great unit,but I know some are kinda disappointed in the returns.This is where the higher resolution of the 1042 and new Echomaps will help.Iam more than happy with the 1042 for detailed images as was a couple buddies with me this weekend.Ill be waiting for the release of the new Echomap with Uhd transducer to decide if Iam going 12 at the dash and move the 1042 up front for scope or just get a 1242 .
    Side note I really like the knob on the 1042 didn’t think I would but it works great.

2. Member
    i just bought a 1242 non touch works great , i could of bought the new echomap with hd but i dont think its worth the extra money,i just got rid of a hb mega that i hated to much technology for me

3. Banned
    You always get what you pay for. Companies don't have higher priced models just to make more money. It's obvious that many on every one of the electronics forums believe just that :-(

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Now that the 599 sale is pretty much over if your wanting a little better unit this is the next step and still is pretty reasonable on price .

5. Member
    Please post some screenshots from your Livescope when you can. I have the 93sv plus, it does a great job for the price but I'm thinking of moving up to a 12" unit. I love my Livescope but curious if the higher resolution screen makes a big difference. Thanks!