Helix 7 Power Cord Attachment

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with the power cord coming out of the back of their unit? I fished a tournament this weekend and had the boat on rough water due to high winds. On day two the unit just stopped powering up totally and stopped working. Not a good time for this to happen since we were in some sketchy water and I really needed a good working bow unit. When I mounted the Helix 7 unit I mounted it with a flush mounting kit up front on my Nitro Z9, I noticed that the unit unlike the older units has no mounting kit. There is nothing that fastens to the back of the unit to lock the cords in place, the cord plugs just slide into the unit and nothing other that gravity holds them in place. My worst fears happened and the power cord came undone from the back of the unit. Is there anything anyone knows about to keep this from continuously happening?

Quote Originally Posted by astronomical View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with the power cord coming out of the back of their unit? I fished a tournament this weekend and had the boat on rough water due to high winds. On day two the unit just stopped powering up totally and stopped working. Not a good time for this to happen since we were in some sketchy water and I really needed a good working bow unit. When I mounted the Helix 7 unit I mounted it with a flush mounting kit up front on my Nitro Z9, I noticed that the unit unlike the older units has no mounting kit. There is nothing that fastens to the back of the unit to lock the cords in place, the cord plugs just slide into the unit and nothing other that gravity holds them in place. My worst fears happened and the power cord came undone from the back of the unit. Is there anything anyone knows about to keep this from continuously happening?
    Friction holds the cable plugs in the back of the unit. The plug area is rubber. The Helix 5 series is like that also.
    Clean the sockets and plugs so they get their grip back.
    OR send it in to have that replaced.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL