Xpress compartment leaks fix

had a 2014 x 19 back compartments leaked . Got a 2019 x21 I thought the lip would stop the leak I was wrong. So today with not a lot to do I took a long look at it . I found out it leaks around the bottom where the lid attached to the boat. I plugged the drain hole and poured water in around the lip leaked bad. So I had some 3m 4200 (black) Boats black so can't see but I sealed all around the compartments on both side. I am 99% sure it has took care of my leak. Let ya'll know for sure next time I wash my boat
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

Silicone around the bottom of that raised extrusion. If you pour water around the lid youll see it come in. They only tack welded it. I fixed all mine except the drivers side rear- it leaks awful. For whatever reason they drilled a 1” hole in there and i think my water is coming in there. Cant find anywhere else. Just driving down the lake itll soak the carpet without even getting water on the back deck. Im about to the point of jerking the carpet out and trying to find the leak. Leaking boxes is pretty much a punchline on xpress boats- totally out of line these days when the competition doesnt leak.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I’m for no carpet at all. My plan is to seadek the storage boxes...no carpet anywhere.

4. Member
    My boat has seadek . the box behind the drivers seat stays so wet I had to put a 1/2 in piece of styrofoam in bottom to keep things out of water. I am hoping sealing around the joints did the trick.
    LIFE IS GOOD

I have heard Tack weld before but I am confident they are all referring to stitch welds.
    It would be impossible to full length weld every joint so they stich weld much of it. Its structurally sound without warping the structure but this leaves gaps that will allow water to pass through. I have not gone over one of these yet to see where they are but they will all require a bead of clear silicone.

6. Member
    Silicone + 15 minutes labor, problem solved
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessxpress View Post
    Silicone + 15 minutes labor, problem solved
    Took me longer than 15 minutes. But I think the leak is fixed
    LIFE IS GOOD