Water in Driver's side rod box

Has anyone ever had issues with getting water in the driver's rod box? This has happened on several occasions. I think it happens when there is some water in the bilge. At first I thought it was coming from my cooler, but today I took a yeti to avoid this, but still found water anyways. I have a P4.

2. Member
    Here is a link to help you find a solution.
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ic_read=467665
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    thanks for the link, but I believe mine is from another cause. Yesterday the weather was beautiful and I didn't take any waves over the bow. I believe mine is happening while towing with a small amount of water in the bilge or while running with water in the bilge. I had a few gallons in the bilge due to draining the cooler after a fishing trip. The last couple of times I went fishing I didn't pull drain plug and emptied the cooler into the bilge. The first time it happened I thought it was water from the step cooler because i had it packed tight with ice and drinks. Thanks

4. Member
    It could be moving to the bow while towing and getting in the lockers. Especially if theirs quite a bit of water in the bilge.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    It could be moving to the bow while towing and getting in the lockers. Especially if theirs quite a bit of water in the bilge.
    Yes. That is what I am thinking, but there is never a large amount. I am just trying to figure out where it would come in so I can seal it. I may have to pull the carpet and see if there is a opening in the fiberglass.

The how to in the FAQ section will help find the leak.

Then you can address it. On a 1994 model your chasing a ghost unless you test it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raywillett View Post
    Yes. That is what I am thinking, but there is never a large amount. I am just trying to figure out where it would come in so I can seal it. I may have to pull the carpet and see if there is a opening in the fiberglass.
    I have never seen any bassboat where rod lockers are completely sealed to the bow area. I think pretty much any of them have the potential to have water slosh up from the bilge if there's water present.

8. Banned
    [QUOTE=Fishndav;10285231]I have never seen any bassboat where rod lockers are completely sealed to the bow area. I think pretty much any of them have the potential to have water slosh up from the bilge if there's water present.[/QUOT

they ae not sealed. bilge will fill causing this and also if the front of the boat has a drain port, they will fill from there also.