Livescope/panoptix on 2nd trolling motor help

I've tried to post a picture unsuccessfully. Not sure what the problem is but it keeps trying to upload then losing connection before it finishes. I can send it somebody via PM is they can post it for me.

Seen all the installs and the seperate pole mount installs and mechanical rotation doesn't work for me. I also want to be able to turn the shaft from the console while searching with the big motor. After looking at all the options, I realized running 2 trolling motors was the easiest option.

I'm running an ulterra on an FS621. On the pole I'm using a Ps31 and livescope. I came across a wireless 12V motorguide cheap with remote. I removed the motor and composite shaft and replaced it with a 72" lightweight thinwall stainless steel shaft. The shaft inside is big enough to run the PS31 cable in but not the livescope.

Where I need help is on the placement of each motor. If I could get the picture to work you would see the Ulterra is mounted running parallel to the port side. Now if I mount the Motorguide to the right of the Ulterra it places the motorguide back some which means for a good portion of rotation in the forward direction the ulterra shaft will be in the sonar cone.

If the motorguide is placed where the Ulterra is now the only time the ulterra shaft is an issue is when facing almost backwards.

Bascially I need to know if the shaft of the ulterra going to alter the sonar return and if so how significantly.

The install becomes a little more complicated when the motorguide is in front but certainly doable if its going to produce better results.

2. Member

3. Member
    It will depend on how close they are to each other, and the "Install Depth" you used when you did the install.

The LVS system doesnt "see" the surface of the water close to the boat. Its sees more to the front and less to the rear. Look at this screen capture. Note the black areas at the top left of the screen. The system doesnt "see" anything in the black zone. Also note that the apex of the black area is at 2 foot depth. Thats because my "installation depth" is set to 2 feet. I put a green circle around the apex.

Note also that the old Panoptix sees much more of the surface

Ive only had about six full days on the water with mine, but I suspect you wont have too much problem as long as you set the install depth correctly and have the two poles at least 3 or 4 feet apart.

Here is a shot that shows what my trolling motor looks like on the LVS screen. My TM is about 10 ft from where my mounting pole is for the LVS and PS21. I have mine at the helm station. My TM up front sticks down at most about 2 ft into the water.

( gotta run - will finish later}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Is the lvs32 and PS31 going to be mounted higher than the Tm motor. If so I see the problem being more with the motor blocking their view than the shaft especially when they are that close.
    Both transducers look forward and down.

5. Member
    Hahah. So funny. I was thinking about doing this same thing, except the 2nd one would be mounted on the swim platform.
    Couldn't you just set your main trolling motor a little shallower than the transducer to avoid any interference? Or set your transducer pole deeper... Same concept.