Detwiller jack plate not working

Someone here will know this answer....
    have an 8 inch detwiller hydro jack plate
    all
    of a sudden stopped working
    there is power on the gauge and the relay works I swapped it out with the trim relay and the trim on my engine worked so seems the relay is good
    the relay clicks but there is nothing happening with the jack plate no noise or movement
    i also checked to see if there was a frayed or cut wire and it’s all good
    thoughts here anything else I can trouble shoot or see if I can fix
    thanks in advance

2. Member
    Is there a way for you to test for power at the jackplate motor when the switch is engaged?

3. Member
    No not really other then a volt meter

4. Member
    That's exactly what you need, a voltmeter. Check to see if you have 12volts at the jackplate when the up or down switch is activated. If you do, then most likely your motor is bad.

5. Member
    Unplug the pump motor plug and wire it directly to your battery for a second. If it kicks on, not your pump. Next would be a faulty switch or control module.

6. Member
    Do you have the exact dial? If so, make sure the connectors are tight and the green light is blinking when it’s at the correct spot
    on the dial. It should change to blinking red with another solid red when it is trying to move.
    If no dial, then are you sure you can hear the relay click?
    If you can hear the click, then check power at the jackplate motor.
    If you have power, then it’s a bad motor. If no power, then check power coming out at the relay to see if a bad wire between relay and motor.

7. Member
    BY chance is it stuck in one position and then gradually drop. I only ask because my old boat had a Detwiller with exact dial and it was a total nightmare with fluid. My relays and pumps always worked but the seals were so bad I had them replaced several times and I would still need to add fluid every week. When it is fluid you hear the pump run but plate will not move up or down. gravity will slowly lower plate over time.

8. Member
    It’s still stuck in the same position