ILink Remote Touch Screen lock Question

Anyone know when you lock the touch screen and the touch screen only on the remote. How do you unlock it? They only way I can do it is to turn the remote off and then restart it. Surely that isn't the only way. If you hit the lock button, only the buttons lock. then when you unlock them it only unlocks the buttons and not the touch screen. Any Ideas? Even the manual doesn't say how to unlock the touch screen just how to lock it.

Thanks

2. Member
    Press and hold the screen navigation button for 2 seconds (the button with the pointing finger). I-Pilot Link Owner's manual (2397102).
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Press and hold the screen navigation button for 2 seconds (the button with the pointing finger). I-Pilot Link Owner's manual (2397102).
    No, that only will lock and unlock the entire remote. What I am talking about, is under the system tab there is a lock touch screen that you double tap to lock the touch screen only. You can still use the buttons. So with the touch screen locked, if you hit (the button with the pointing finger) it will then lock the buttons, since the touch screen is already locked. Then when you press and hold it again to unlock, it only unlocks the buttons and not the touch screen.

4. Member
    Ok. Had to try again this morning and got it to work by using the System Navigate button and Power/OK button (check mark).

1. Use System Navigate button to unlock remote.
    2. Then use the system navigate button to highlight the System panel and then press OK to open it.
    3. Use System Navigate button to select Touch Screen Lock panel and then press the OK to toggle back to unlock.

Don't know if there is a method to unlock both at same time.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

5. Member
    I will try and explain,

1. On the touch screen go to the System and open it
    2. There will then be a option that says Touch Screen. If you touch it once it will say double touch to disable touch.
    3. When you double touch it disables the touch screen only. The Buttons on the top are still usable.
    4. If you then hit the finger button to lock the entire remote it will, however when you unlock it it only unlocks the buttons and not the touch screen. You have to hit the power button and power down then power back up for the touch screen to be able to be used again.

6. Member
    Sounds too complicated! I use the micro remote and when I need something from the remote I use it in the cradle and keep it on the charger. Life's too short for an old guy. The micro hangs from my Mustang pfd. Always in reach. Bob

7. Member
    EZ, just an FYI after trying you method without success I call MK. They tried working me through it. Long story short, they think I have a bad remote.

Thanks for the info anyway!!
    Jeff

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Specktackulure View Post
    EZ, just an FYI after trying you method without success I call MK. They tried working me through it. Long story short, they think I have a bad remote.

Thanks for the info anyway!!
    Jeff
    I used the method above and worked with my remote. Sorry for the problem and would guess you are probably covered under warranty for the bad remote. Good luck
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818