Master Cut Off Switch

I have a new boat and has a 2019 175 proxs mercury 4 stroke (sn 2B637409). Does it need continuous power or can I install a master cut off switch to kill power to entire boat?

2. Member
    There is no problem with a battery disconnect switch, I think it is a must have.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    There is no problem with a battery disconnect switch, I think it is a must have.
    I think its a must have also, that's why I was wanting to add one. I thought I had read that the 4 strokes needed power, but wasn't sure. Thanks

4. Member
    I've had them on my Yamaha four stroke and now my Mercury four stroke no issues. I like them just from the standpoint while on my battery maintainer no power slips through to any electronics.
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!
    Dennis

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Clean power MUST be wired directly to the Cranking Battery. It is acceptable to have a switch between the battery and the main engine battery cable.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Clean power MUST be wired directly to the Cranking Battery. It is acceptable to have a switch between the battery and the main engine battery cable.
    I thought I read something that needed to be directly to the battery, but couldn't find it. Thanks