X5 bracket broke

Had a really rough pre fish day. Trolling along hit an under water tree trolling motor folded back and broke the clamp that holds the trolling motor shaft. Trolling motor falls in lake. Fortunately the cables aren’t long enough to let the head go under. It was the end of the day so we loaded the boat on the trailer. Also broke the skeg off the motor.
    I am sure I can buy the parts to fix the bracket. But I wonder if I can but the part of the motor that the skeg is on.
    Also if an X5 will fit in a 21 gator mount or if I can buy the parts for a 21 gator mount and install them on the front of my broken X5 mount.
    X3/X5
    Model# 940500120
    Serial# 9D311758

2. Member
    Unfortunately the 21 mount is not the same as the X5. I have not tried to change parts on the X5 mounts, but Motor Guide says they are not interchangeable.
    all parts for the X5 including the mount come in kits. The part that holds the motor on the mount is the door kit assembly. 8M0111104 $108.00 and the Skag # is the Comp Cap assembly 8M4002627. It is also a kit with seals and bushings included

3. Member
    So if you bought a complete 21 mount would the X5 fit in it. I have been banging these Motorguide trolling motors around for years and never broke a mount. So I am looking for something that may be more durable. Thank you for your help on those other parts.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    So if you bought a complete 21 mount would the X5 fit in it. I have been banging these Motorguide trolling motors around for years and never broke a mount. So I am looking for something that may be more durable. Thank you for your help on those other parts.
    No, the X5 will not fit in the older gator (including the 21) style mounts. It would come closer to fitting in a MinnKota bowguard and mount. I can get the mount and motor parts when you decide what to do
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]