Mercury 40 hp EFI won't start

Just bought my used 2009 Tracker with the 40 hp EFI a few weeks ago. The boat has very few hours (under 20) on the motor and was professionally winterized, shrink wrapped, and put into storage 2 years ago. I drained the fuel tank and filled it with 5 gallons of premium this morning and took it to the lake to see if it would start and unfortunately it would not. I checked all the basics - kill switch, primer bulb, fresh fully charged battery, etc.

The motor turns with the starter, water is coming out of the hole in the back, but it does not seem to be getting either spark or fuel. No odor of gas as if the engine flooded. It didn't even sputter like it might start. I checked the fuel filter - emptied the sight bowl (there was a tiny bit of sediment but nothing major). I loaded it up on the trailer and brought her home. I went to check the spark plugs but based on their location, I will likely wait to tackle that another day as I am a bit frustrated.

Any thoughts? I was going to take it in for pre-season service prior to trying to take it out, but I was hoping for a miracle that it would fire up since it had been serviced prior to being put up. I have an appointment in about 3 weeks, but was really hoping to get things running so I could at least get it on the water. Not the best of maiden voyages - the worst part was disappointing my son who was looking forward to getting out.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

2. Member
    must be a 4 stroke/ probly fuel pump problem try 4 strk section
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    ^^^^

Kill switch on?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Keep priming it. Most likely when winterized they ran the outboard till it ran out of gas.

5. Member
    I replaced the fuel filter and it fired right up.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI