Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know of a Eyra with 300R for sale?

As thread states, looking for a new Eyra with 300R for sale..

Thanks
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    Get in touch with BCB. I do know the Red Eyra with the 300R was going to be put up for sale in the future. Its the one that Rick Pierce is driving in the video on the BCB website. Not sure of an actual time it would sell. They could tell you.
    https://www.basscat.com/basscat/prom...a-vr-test-ride
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 05-19-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    Not sure of your logic regarding the 300hp but, there are 3-4 late model Eyras /250ProXs on the first page of BCB for sale site not to mention here on BBC. Have you ever drove a Eyra with a 250? Very quick!!

4. Member
    My logic is simple-I'm coming out of a 100mph boat w/300R and want another fast boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    My logic is simple-I'm coming out of a 100mph boat w/300R and want another fast boat.
    Certainty understand that, but not sure if the Eyra will break 100MPH with a 300hp. Heard of several Puma's and Cougar's with a 300 but no claims of 100mph! There was a Eyra with a 300 ProXs on FB Basscat Buy, Sell or trade site but I haven't check lately.

It will not touch that number, nor will any other rigged bass boat touch that number. They worked extremely hard at Lake X to get the 300R to eclipse that number and it is not feasible.

The Eyra is a strong running rig and with a 300R it doesn’t perform much better than the 300 Pro XS version. Only recently are they offering the G2 (Generation 2 TorqueMaster Mercury lower) case on the 300R and that might be the ticket for that setup.

The only one we know of is at the factory and we are sure they would allow you to visit and run it.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-20-2019 at 10:57 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It will not touch that number, nor will any other rigged bass boat touch that number. They worked extremely hard at Lake X to get the 300R to eclipse that number and it is not feasible.

The Eyra is a strong running rig and with a 300R it doesn’t perform much better than the 300 Pro XS version. Only recently are they offering the G2 case on the 300R and that might be the ticket for that setup.

The only one we know of is at the factory and we are sure they would allow you to visit and run it.
    are you talking about a mercury with a Evinrude case? How is the performance from a g2 to the new pro xs or a SHO for that matter?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    are you talking about a mercury with a Evinrude case? How is the performance from a g2 to the new pro xs or a SHO for that matter?
    I think they are talking about a torquemaster case instead of sportmaster.

'Merica! Buy what you want and don't look back!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    ”gen 2” case lol
    i was thinking a lower off a G2 lol well that’s better cause I was scratching my head pretty good on that one.

And to me the eyra eyra is an awesome boat. Good on speed but has fishing in mind first. A high 70’s boat will out run most people on tournament day.

11. Member
    Saw one listed locally about 2 weeks ago.I don't know anything about it,but can send you contact info

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Get in touch with BCB. I do know the Red Eyra with the 300R was going to be put up for sale in the future. Its the one that Rick Pierce is driving in the video on the BCB website. Not sure of an actual time it would sell. They could tell you.
    https://www.basscat.com/basscat/prom...a-vr-test-ride
    I took a ride with Kevin Short in that boat during test rides at Beaver when O.I. was here. Wow. Best way I can describe is raw power. Loved the boat. Liked the layout. Kevin told me they wouldn't let him 'open it up' there. Lol Will probably be my next boat. Will definitely set you back in seat. He dropped the hammer once for about a quarter mile when we were probably already doing about 50. Wow! Definitely running WAY more than my Ranger will ever see and was still climbing hard. WILL be my next boat, but, a 250 is all I need. By the way, you'll never find a nicer guy than Kevin. Would love to spend the day in that rocket with him.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

The Eyra is a strong running rig and with a 300R it doesn’t perform much better than the 300 Pro XS version. Only recently are they offering the G2 (Generation 2 TorqueMaster Mercury lower) case on the 300R and that might be the ticket for that setup.

A rigged bass boat will in fact run that number- I've seen 97.4 with my boat, loaded to fish, water in well, 3/4 gas.. Ultrex 36 on nose, 2-12 Garmins sticking out in the wind. Would have broke 100 that day without water in wells, rough water and high winds. This is running a sporty above the pad. Steve Bishop is pushing over 100 with his 21'10 Bullet, with power poles..Not looking for 100 because it wasn't best fishing setup to run those speeds. Looking for a boat that will fish and push into the high 80's, loaded with two people and full load.

Not with the new V8 and not stock.

We have seen well over triple digits before and the company played with racing and go fast back to the early 1980’s having two National Championships at Nick-a-Jack. Though not in common setups. They quit chasing performance like that in the early 2000’s.

15. Member
    Not with the new v8 and not stock???

Do not understand what you are referring too..

16. Member
    My personal feelings on the performance expectations of that combo would be 82-85 mph max speeds when set up correctly and going fishing. That is not from experience but unless the 300R is a considerably better performer than the 300XS then I would say that's where you would land. BCB does not post numbers on top speed due to the huge range in conditions, driver ability, boat loading and other factors.

I apologize if I am wrong on this so if anyone has first hand knowledge, feel free to correct me. I would hate for anyone buying an Eyra powered by a 300 to have expectations of running 90 mph and then be disappointed which leads to negative opinions of the rig. The Eyra is a spectacular hull with great handling, fishability, rough water performance, and very nice top end. It is not however in most Bullets, Allisons, Strokers, Gamblers territory in top speed.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

17. Member
    A rigged bass boat will in fact run that number- I've seen 97.4 with my boat, loaded to fish, water in well, 3/4 gas.. Ultrex 36 on nose, 2-12 Garmins sticking out in the wind. Would have broke 100 that day without water in wells, rough water and high winds. This is running a sporty above the pad. Steve Bishop is pushing over 100 with his 21'10 Bullet, with power poles..Not looking for 100 because it wasn't best fishing setup to run those speeds. Looking for a boat that will fish and push into the high 80's, loaded with two people and full load.
    The only thing I can add is, good luck finding one, and please don't hit anything !!

18. Member
    I can add that a 2018 Eyra with the 250 SHO will hit 84.4 with low fuel and empty live well. I can run 80.....for the most part with a partner and full gear with empty livewells. Full will be around 78+ with the room to run her out. I would think that a 300R with proper set up will be low to mid 80s with a good driver and everything full. I know what you are looking for and I am considering the same set up on my next boat but I do not think that you will get mid to high 80 with full wells and a partner. Will the boat smoke most others and fish better ... yes! You do have a lot of experience with proper set up and running high speed rigs so what I think could be out the window. Please keep us posted on your endevours!

V/R

Elwood
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    The only thing I can add is, good luck finding one, and please don't hit anything !!
    I know this doesn't add to the conversation but I've seen one Stroker in my life and it had a 300xs. I had to go talk to the guy and asked about speed, he said the prop I have on now will get me to around 95 but my play prop is about 105. All I could think was "damn"!!

A Bass Cat is not a Bullet!! Go fast--Allison, Stroker and Bullet You will need a 1.62 and a Sporty. 1.5 to 2 above pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast