Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get a bag of Gary Yamamoto Senko 5” worms in green pumpkin with red and black flake. Go buy some small glass rattles and insert the rattle inside the skinny end of the worm and insert a 4/0 or 5/0 EWG Gamakatsu hook Texas style rigged with out a weight in the opposite fat side of the worm and pitch the worm on 10 to 12 lbs flurecent monofiliment line at night time while using a black UV light to make your line glow in the dark. Pitch to the bank and let it sink to the bottom on slack line and watch the line. You’ll see it move with every little tic tic as mentioned before. If you don’t get any bites twitch your rod tip ever so slightly to make the rattle call the fish in. You need to become a line watcher and night fishing with a uv black light with fluorescent mono filament line and a small glass rattle will help you see the bite much better. Besides night fishing is so much more fun ;). Mono floats so you will see the bites a lot better at night when the line glows in the dark on the water surface.
    Last edited by Delta Bass Fool; 05-28-2019 at 02:57 AM.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

2. Member
    edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:18 AM.

3. Banned
    Nothing to brag about at all. but I caught a few. No luck jika rigging rage craws, lizards and bandito bugs. Fishing at my lake was super tough....so I took this as a win and for as few fish (10 black bass) as I caught was a HUGE confidence builder since i dont fish plastics. Caught my fish throwing a 6 inch GP senko. I think I missed a few bites Jika rigging, but that senko was the deal. I hate that I caught with it tho.....I hate how much they cost!!! LOL already planning on loading up on some 6 inch senkos....that damn 7 inch is just too damn big for me! maybe later in the summer! got a lot of 5 inch senkos....and its funny how small they look today....when they looked so big a few days ago (ive never thrown/bought senkos bigger than 5 inches before this week), and now I dont even wanna throw them. That 6 inch is the deal!

Im pretty sure i applied at least a little from each of these posts in my 2 days on the water! thanks bros! Sacrilegious for a "power fisherman" like myself to say.....but catching a fish with soft plastics is a TON more fun than cranking! I still love cranking...but the water was clear and it was cool to see them coming up and fighting with just the 1 hook vs treble hooks im used to. Ohhh....aside from some open eyes, im REALLY impressed with Academy brand h2o hooks! those things stuck them! even had to do surgery on one fish that wasnt the easiest to do cuz of the penetration.

4. Member
    edit

5. Member
    edit

6. Member
    You are the mad scientist of plastics.

7. Member
    edit

My best advice is a GLoomis NRX rod. You will feel everything.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

Hope the OP and others don't mind me reviving this thread. I went fishing Friday and tried a few things I was pleased with and wanted to report on.

First, I changed out the line on my Shakyhead (7' MH trigger stick, 7:1 Chronarch) from 10 lb Sniper FC to 12 lb test P-Line CXX. I like the CXX, but was a little shocked at the light gold color on the spool. It's kinda stiff, but very nice on a baitcaster...totally unsuitable for a spinning reel.

Second, I tried a SK Rage Craw (Summer Craw) on the Dirty Jig (brand) Scott Canterbury Shakyhead (1/4 oz). Caught a nice 2.5-3 lb SM on it on a fairly slow day of fishing. That fish hit it like a fast moving drift car, tried to rip the rod out of my hand! I'll be tryin some more craws on my Shakyheads in the future. Thanks for the push, DrewFlu33!

Third, I had a pretty stout spinning rod (Lew's 7' Medium) https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews...age-XLSS3.html with a Shimano Stradic 2500 with 8 lb test copolymer...probably Pradco Excalibur...my records keeping has gotten slack. I had a 3/0 EWG tied on, and threaded into a 4" Yum Dinger, then added a 1/8 oz VMC Neko weight in the tail end. This is what I call my "Dumb Bass Rig". The nice thing about it is that the weight sits on the bottom and the hook floats up off the bottom. I've used it on a Zoom Trick Worm before but had been using the Dinger without the weight on this rod, and had just got the Neko weights. It's not really a Neko rig, which is a Wacky Rig with the weight in one end or the other. Caught another similar sized SM on it.

It skipped back under a dock very nicely, but I was fairly lucky to get a decent SM out from under the dock with only 8 lb test. This rod would work nicely for various uses if you want a spinning rod with some power, and they're currently on sale at TW for a real good price. I'm planning to use it for Dropshotting with a Shakyhead at the bottom instead of a weight, and something like a 1/0 EWG or straight shank Roboworm hook with a 5" lizard or Roboworm or a GYCB Cutworm up above.
    Last edited by Walkabout7781; 07-14-2019 at 01:27 AM.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

10. Member
    edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:14 AM.

11. Member
    If I think a bass has it, I will gently take up the slack. When the line is taught you can feel the fish tugging and see the line moving sideways as it swims with it. Then set the hook with some oomph and hang on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12