Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Thumbs Up Results of May NoAl tournament at Upper Bear

The May NoAl tournament was held yesterday on Upper Bear out of the Twin Forks boat ramp. Not a huge turnout with only four boats showing for this one but we still managed to have a good time with everyone catching a bunch of fish and nearly everyone bringing in a limit. And congratulations to Harry for NOT catching any drum this tournament!!

First place went to Tommy Baker and his grandson Caleb with a total of 8 pounds, 9 ounces anchored by our big fish of the day, a real nice 4-2 spotted bass. I don’t understand Caleb’s math, though, because he kept saying he wanted a “60/60 split” of their winnings. I tried to explain to him that you could have a 60/40, 50/50 or 40/60 split and that expenses needed to be deducted before the winnings could be paid out but I don’t think he wanted to believe that at all! I think he needs to spend another year in 5th grade to sharpen his math skills if you ask me!!

The next NoAl tournament will be our annual Tennessee River Trailer Tournament out of McFarland Park. Look for a post in the next week or so with specific details! Hope to see everyone there!!

2. Member
    I had a great time fishing and to catch fish and win with your grandson is priceless.