Trim Relay Switch Stuck

Practicing for a BFL on Upper Chesapeake Bay and about 10 miles from ramp, started big motor briefly, shut it off and trim went down and kept running. Tried up and down on several switches and finally had to unhook main battery terminal to make it quit. It was high tide and I was in a shallow bay with some shallow water to cross to the deeper channel, so I thought now is the time to head for the trailer. Got back, bow down all the way and on the trailer with the skeg about 6 inches off the ground. Tried lots of stuff and with another guy, couldn't use the manual release to lift the engine to use the transom support. Finally called my dealer and he told me to unhook the four trim switches, one at a time, and when the stuck one was unhooked; the trim should work. Started at the one on the big motor, nada, went to the bow panel and that was it. Unhooked it and then the shifter, turn signal and motor worked. Next call is to Ranger parts. Fished the BFL as a coangler and got one that went 5-01#s, 40th or so and a better start than last year.

What boat...rocker or soft pad switch? Post is a little confusing as trim relays are inside the cowling of your big motor. Glad you got it worked out.

3. Member
    462 Ranger with soft pad Up, Down, Nav Lights, and Aux panel at the bow.

Sounds like you need a new pad.