Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talon only deploying 4 ft

12 foot talon will only deploy 4 feet. If I pull the spike while it's coming out I can get the the second stage to pull out a decent amount but when I retract it and redeploy it stops at 4 feet again. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Have you tried to Lubricate the unit? 1st Make sure the unit is fully extended and then clean it with soap and water to get rid of any grime. A brush may help. Then after the unit is dry use household Pledge to lub the slots located on the second and third stage. To find the slots look at the point where the stage enters the previous stage and find the black square that are in the slots. Spray a liberal amount of pledge in each of the slots. Try to retract and extend the unit a couple of time and it should do so. If it does not Then I would bring to an ASC for them to look at. It could be a loos Gib inside the unit.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Is the unit under warranty still?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    Is the unit under warranty still?
    It Should be. they have a 5 year mechanical warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    It Should be. they have a 5 year mechanical warranty.
    If my memory is correct it seems like I remember reading if you have the receipt/proof of purchase the date of the warranty starts the day it was purchased. If you do not have proof of purchase the warranty starts by date of manufacture that is in the serial number. Electrical 3 years, mechanical 5 and lifetime on the spike.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    get ahold of your local ASC, take it in there and get it fixed, it sound like an issue I have heard of before. Could be a mother board problem. Might as well get it fixed under warranty
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I have the exact same problem today, only the spike will deploy. None of the other stages will come out, This is the third issue and I have only had this thing on the water 3 times. I am DONE! with my talon. I will never buy another one. When It gets fixed it is coming off the boat and I will be buying TWO power poles. Worst thing I have ever bought.

If it is the mother board I am going to flip, this mother board is Brand new!