Thread: 1996 200 efi

1996 200 efi

Picked up a 96 ranger with a 200 efi. Supposedly the guy I bought from had just put a check valve on the oil pump the day b4 I picked it up. 2 Nd trip to lake wouldn’t start, took to a shop and only thing they found was the oil mixture was very heavy. I informed the mechanic I would be removing the oil pump and pre mix my own and until I got the part he suggested when not using to crack the cap on the oil tank. This past weekend I had issues. Was in a lot of no wake zones and when I would try to plane it would just bog down, after a minute sometimes a couple it would take and run fine. Acted like it was sucking air. Could I still be getting to much oil?
    Wanna kill a Iowa giant?

2. Member
    Sure can especially if you haven't removed the oiler, it's still functioning, AND you're using pre-mix.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

No I havnt removed the Oiler yet and I have not started premix
    Wanna kill a Iowa giant?

4. Member
    Did the previous owner premix when the check valve went bad, maybe oil still in the tank. Could pull fuel filt and see if oil in the gas mix.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

No he didn’t
    Wanna kill a Iowa giant?

6. Member
    CHECK basics also /spark etc.....
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................