RCBS Pro Melt pot ?

I have Pro melt pot that I bought in 1993 and still works great. So I bought another from a guy I know that hasn’t used it in a few years it was made in 2006. After it’s been on for 2 or 3 minutes it trips the GFCI and is the only thing on the circuit. I run my old one with exhaust fan and air conditioner on the same circuit without a problem. Is there something that may cause these units to do this after sitting for a few years? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Donnie

2. Member
    I never had any problem with the two older ones I had. Get a hold of RCBS on Monday and they can probably help answer your question.

I run RCBS on a 15A circuit with many other things.... Never has it tripped. But mine is not on a GFCI, Sometimes those can be the problem.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Don’t have a problem with my old just the one I just bought.

5. Member
    Something is bleeding voltage to a ground when it gets hot. Probably the heating element. Give them a call and explain the issue, and they will be able to help you out.

6. Member
    I will give them a call, thanks guys.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Something is bleeding voltage to a ground when it gets hot. Probably the heating element. Give them a call and explain the issue, and they will be able to help you out.
    This, or possibly a bad GFCI

8. Member
    Don’t think it’s the GFCI since the other pot which is identical doesn’t trip it with other things running on the same circuit.

9. Member
    Stale electrons in the Flux capacitor.

Seriously it is drawing too much current which is tripping the GFCI. My guess is the heating element in your new one is bad or you have a short within the unit.

Allen

10. Member
    agree with Munkin. I had one with a faulty heating element that did the same as you are describing.