Ultrex shaft length.

Can you shorten the shaft length on an ultrex,if so how and will this void the warranty. Thanks.

2. Member
    You can shorten the shaft on an Ultrex. If you bring to an ASC it will not void the warranty. If you do it yourself it will. Bare in mind that you should make all the necessary measurements to determine the correct length. Once it is cut you must replace the entire mid section and shaft to get the length back. Reason?

3. Member
    Not op but curious. If a fella had a 45 and wanted a 52 would there be the 4” of required slack in the wiring if he bought the 52 shaft and mid? If not, how involved would it be? I should add also assuming he was aware of all the implications of running a 52 on the short mount.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    Not op but curious. If a fella had a 45 and wanted a 52 would there be the 4” of required slack in the wiring if he bought the 52 shaft and mid? If not, how involved would it be? I should add also assuming he was aware of all the implications of running a 52 on the short mount.
    If a person bought the 52" shaft/motor combination, all would be well. If he purchased the shaft/center section, the old wiring would be used and would not be long enough. running a 52 on the short mount would not allow the motor to rest properly on the mount.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    I would like to shorten the shaft because 90% of the time i am fishing very shallow water,I don't need to worry about lots of wave action on the river where i fish and the head sticks out past the gunnel when stowed.
    Last edited by blackwater; 05-20-2019 at 02:53 PM.