GPS Source on 8610...

Coming from Lowrance,which makes possible to select GPS source and a different heading source. Depending on what I end up selecting for 2D transducer(s) I may not have enough 12 pin ports on the 2 8610's at the console. I can easily enough route one of the transom mounted transducers to the bow but.... would I be able to link/relate that transducer with the Point 1 Antenna I have on the stern while at the same time configure the bow 8610 8 pin transducer port to use the Bow MFD internal antenna for the trolling motor transducer?

No doubt, with Garmin GPS antennas (both internal and external), yes at each unit you can independently source whatever GPS source you want. Not exactly sure that Garmin provides that ability with the GPS from the Point 1. Someone else that is using a Point 1 will have to confirm.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd...

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I know with my EC+ unit i can chose the Point 1 or internal gps for the source....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Good deal... I can't imagine that option, if available on the EC+, would not be available on the 8610.