Thread: Fuel Injectors

Fuel Injectors

My local marine guy sent my ETEC injectors out to be cleaned by the Fuel Injector Man in Naples Florida. They were received on March 27th and returned the first week in May and that is only because I paid to have them overnighted back. Now one of the injectors leaks and the wires move where it is leaking from. I know for certain it was not sent that way. The o rings were replaced and that did not help. My questions: What could cause this? Do I need to replace the injector now? I don't think almost a month and a half is normal turn around time is it? Has anyone used the Injector Man and has similar issues?

2. Member
    Is your "local marine guy" an Evinrude dealer? If an injector is not torqued down correctly or torqued/removed/reintalled without replacing the seals they can sometimes leak like that. Install the injector seal kit (5007017) and reinstall per the instructions included with the kit and not the service manual. The instructions can get updated from time to time and the procedure in the service manual may not be the best information.

From what i hear The Fuel Injector man can get backed up at times and your experience with the wait is not uncommon. I would imagine this is his busy time of year.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I had to have the injector replaced. Unfortunately it was not the seal. My local guy was not an Evinrude dealer but the injector replacement was. Moores in Ithaca NY got me in and out within a week, I owe those guys and if I ever need something done again I know where I will be heading.