Ultrex link with mega transducer

With the significant difference in price I’m trying to figure out if Link/MEGA is worth it.

What features would be gained by having the link that I couldn’t do otherwise? I currently have 2 hummingbird units linked. Would the Link Ultrex require a black box being a third piece of hardware?

I have a Helix 10 MEGA DI G2 unit on the bow with a wide trolling motor transducer. Would this be able to use the MEGA transducer built into the Ultrex with an update?

2. Member
    Yes you would need the 5 port switch. By linking it all together you gain features like follow the contour, more waypoint storage, ability to control the TM from the unit etc. Yes your Helix can use the built in MDI with a MKR-MDI-1 adaptor.

3. Member
    Aren't you losing MEGA capability by using your existing transducer? If so, then that could be an added capability plus no need to use an external TM transducer. None of this is specific to Link vs non-Link question but added for consideration.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...ilt-In-MEGA-DI
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Actually... my unit may be Helix 10 G2N DI. Don’t think it is MEGA. SI unit at dash is MEGA but can’t remember for sure on DI now unit. Both top of line at the time. Double checking...
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 05-19-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    Actually... my units is Helix 10 G2N DI. Don’t think it is MEGA. SI unit at dash is MEGA but can’t remember for sure on DI now unit. Both top of line at the time. Double checking...

There are two G2N DI units, DI and MEGA DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    Actually... my unit may be Helix 10 G2N DI. Don’t think it is MEGA. SI unit at dash is MEGA but can’t remember for sure on DI now unit. Both top of line at the time. Double checking...
    The link I posted above will show both Helix DI G2N models indicated with their capability with the new TM.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow