Frustrated. Need help - Helix 9s

I could use some help. I have two Helix 9 G2N's. One is a DI and the other is a SI. Both units are pretty much brand new, with only a few hours on them.

DI (Trolling motor Unit)

Constantly loses the ground. The 2D imaging you can tell isn't even really reading correct. The ground is hardly visible. Depth reading comes and goes, and the majority of the time isn't displayed, then will reappear.

SI unit (at my steering)

This unit is the craziest. When I turn the boat on many times it will work for a bit with the imaging. The DI, SI and 2D will work but the depth also comes and goes. Then when I drive 40 MPH the graph will lose everything. The screens will all go blank. No SI, DI or 2D...only the mapping will work. This could go on for 10-15 minutes, then it will just randomly come back on, but will just be lost again in a little bit.

Current info:
    -Both units have recently been updated to the latest software version.
    -I have spoken to Humminbird, who every time I call it's a different reason they think. First I needed to adjust the AUTO depth to more shallow. Then it's maybe it's a transducer issue....on both brand new units???
    -Both units are not using the same transducer...they are both separate. They are sharing network, but I have removed them both from the hub. Disconnected everything and ran just one unit at the time, and they both do the same thing anyways.

Some things I've heard and I'm wondering if I should try?:

-Some guys have told me to hard wire the units directly to the battery in the back using a 6 gauge wire rather than the bus and wiring on the boat (brand new 2018 boat) for clean power?

I'm just super frustrated. I don't understand how this should be this complicated. The units are plug and play!!! You spend this kind of money and this is what you get? Just ridiculous. Every time I call someone else gives me this other reason and it never fixes anything.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

With each unit, turn on the Boxes for readouts and set one of them to Voltage to see if you have adequate power to support the units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    They are "plug and play" if the plugged part is done correctly. From my experience hanging out at our local shop I would say they are "plugged" correctly less than 10% of the time.

4. Fishing is a Passion
    Sounds like low battery voltage
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

5. Member
    Thanks Johnny and Wayne...I've heard that from a few people.

6. Member
    Like Wayne stated have the voltage displayed. Learned the hard way, I now keep voltage displayed on the unit.

7. Member
    How would you correct that if the voltage turned out to be to low?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dame49 View Post
    How would you correct that if the voltage turned out to be to low?
    A known-good battery with a full charge, adequate gauge wiring from battery to unit or fuse panel, and good connections all around.

9. Member
    Makes sense, thanks

10. Member
    Soooooo...for whatever reason since I did the update my unit will NOT use the ultrex transducer (yes it's on the correct transducer in the settings). When I put the regular DI transducer on the problems go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleury9816 View Post
    Soooooo...for whatever reason since I did the update my unit will NOT use the ultrex transducer (yes it's on the correct transducer in the settings). When I put the regular DI transducer on the problems go away.
    What transducer and what “correct transducer” setting?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL