Units Froze up using software 3.40

So third time out and for the 2nd time the console units froze up using the si mega transducers. SI, 2D, and DI freeze. Has to be a bug in software. Never had this happen until software update 3.40. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Have to shut down all units and kill main power and reboot. Sometimes have to reboot twice.

2. Member
    Did you solve your electrical problems from a week or so ago? The problems you describe sound like common Solix or other big screen units with electrical wiring problems. Bob

3. Member
    My Solix 12SI gen1 started doing that when I updated to 3.36 and continued with 3.4 Mine would still show data overlays and you could see depth numbers change but screen would be blank. Sometimes I could go to home menu and choose views from there and it would start working again, others I would have to reboot. Mine only froze up randomly when using the new side tab menu bar they added. Mines on the way back to Humminbird for service.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Did you solve your electrical problems from a week or so ago? The problems you describe sound like common Solix or other big screen units with electrical wiring problems. Bob
    Yup took it to dealer and had all electrical checked out. This alarm was coming on when I would crank big engine. We just ended up dropping alarm setting to 10 volts instead of 10.4 and never had it happen on Saturday.

5. Member
    The low voltage alarm not going off because you lowered the threshold during cranking is one thing. Having good voltage to the units throughout the day is another. What is the voltage drop on all your units? That will give you a good idea of wire size and quality of connections. Hope your freezing goes away for you, but keep in mind that marginal wiring will get the units to freeze up intermittently. Bob

6. Member
    I fixed the wiring issues on mine, had 12.5 volts all day during a tournament yesterday. Mine Graph(SI/DI/Sonar) would still freeze up. So apparently this is an issue with Solix SI G1's that needs to be fixed.

I am running two Solix 15 G1 units with 3.4 and they are both running great. This has been one of the best updates to HB units I've seen to date. I just added a new Solix 12 to the system yesterday. All working very well.

DTS - I had an issue like that once when I had a nick in my transducer cable. Water got in and created some strange issues like screen freezing. Worth taking a look at.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I am running two Solix 15 G1 units with 3.4 and they are both running great. This has been one of the best updates to HB units I've seen to date. I just added a new Solix 12 to the system yesterday. All working very well.

DTS - I had an issue like that once when I had a nick in my transducer cable. Water got in and created some strange issues like screen freezing. Worth taking a look at.
    I will surely give it a look! I do like the update though, user interface is much better!