Xr6 low oil alarm, should i delete?

2004 Xr6 150 S/N 0T947291. So my low oil beeping started yesterday . It was kind of a broken beep, happened a lot when hittting waves. No beep at idle. Took off the hood and looked at the tank under hood. When i would move the sensor on the cap up it would quit. The tank was maybe an inch low from the top of the threads of the cap.
    Had someone recommend just deleting the oil injection. Whats my best route, Is it easy to delete? Any instructions how to any where? Thanks in advance
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

Do not delete. Tank must be kept completly full
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    yep ^^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Well then the next question is, why is it not refilling. I just figured getting rif of it would save time and money trouble shooting the problem, and then i wouldnt have to worry about it again
    Andy

Very easy to delete. I can send you some links if you'd like.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet02 View Post
    Very easy to delete. I can send you some links if you'd like.
    Please do that would be great.
    Andy

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aarchdale View Post
    Well then the next question is, why is it not refilling. I just figured getting rif of it would save time and money trouble shooting the problem, and then i wouldnt have to worry about it again
    check valve bad in block, loose caps on tank, hose connections,restriction on screen in tank, broken reed ,
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Just a heads-up, replacing the oil check valve in the block and check valve between the oil pump and fuel line fixed the oil alarm when hitting waves/low oil reservoir level on my 03 XR6. I've seen a few threads on here from folks with the same problem when I was searching for an answer.

The old check valve between the oil pump and fuel line was definitely leaking on mine, allowing oil to drain from the clear oil tube and fill the fuel line as the engine sat (as evidenced by the air pocket that would form in the clear oil tube and extra smokey cold start-ups when the engine had to burn through that slug of oil rich fuel). That was also what was causing the level in the oil reservoir to drop to the point the oil alarm would beep when hitting waves that caused the oil to slosh. The reservoir had gotten to about an inch low.

New check valves and it's been working great now for over a month and a few trips out.

9. Member
    When that happens to my xr6 as soon as I get home I fill the internal oil tank to the top and that keeps it from happening the next time, I’d try that first, might not cost you a cent.

10. Member
    I deleted it back when i started this thread. Couldnt be happier. ITs not nearly as big of a pain to mix as i thought it would be.
    Andy