Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Straight for me because I run a blade on mine at times. All of them wear me out if I run them very long. Not one of my favorite things to do!

Straight.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

3. Member
    Straight for me, but I run a Still Kombi system. If your dealer carries Stihl check one out. You can have both a curved and a straight attachment for different areas if that's what you prefer. I guess mine is 12 years old now? The only attachment I've ever had a problem with is the bladed edger. I normally just edge the drive etc..with the weed eater. The hedge trimmer attachment will flat out get er done. Mine has needed dealer service twice over the years. I use it pretty much year round including blowing light snow.

I love my echo straight shaft. I have mine on a sling and when you get it adjusted for you it take most of the weight off of your arms and shoulders and very easy on your back.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

I am 6'4" and refuse to use a curved shaft. Weed eating sucks but it sucks less with a straight shaft.

6. Member
    Straight shaft.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    you must have a echo,try a google search i forget the thinking behind it,i think a stihl turns the the other direction
    Never gave it a thought but I always assumed they all spin clockwise (looking down the shaft). I've only ever owned two, a Craftsman and a Husky

8. Member
    Straight shaft for me. I had a curved shaft Stihl one time and it killed my back every time I used it.

9. Member
    The first string trimmer I had was a curved shaft from Sear's Craftsman and that was back in the early 80's. Ever since I always used straight shafts.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

10. Member
    What a surprise! An issue on BBC where half swear by it & half swear at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12