Ranger Rod Locker Fans

I have 2014 Z521C and recently discovered that my rod locker fans have quit working. With the boat powered on, I press the fan button and it lights up but I get no response from the fans. There are multiple fans in the boat and none start up. Curious if any one has tried trouble shooting the fan system and could direct me on where to start. Thanks!
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C
    Fishing Lanier, Hartwell, Tennessee River & Coosa River

Start with fuses?
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    I looked for them last night. Are they all in line? Or is there a block?

No fuses in the boat...your switch is a cicuit breaker. Is it flashing? Try pressing and holding the switch with the boat powered up. If that didn't work...I'd try a complete disconnect/recinnect from your house battery. Very unlikely all those fans have quit working simultaneously.

Here is a link to your owners manual. Might think about downloading and reading/putting in the boat...could come in handy on the water someday.

https://www.rangerboats.com/content/...s%20Manual.pdf

5. Member
    you've got fans in your boat????

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    No fuses in the boat...your switch is a cicuit breaker. Is it flashing? Try pressing and holding the switch with the boat powered up. If that didn't work...I'd try a complete disconnect/recinnect from your house battery. Very unlikely all those fans have quit working simultaneously.

Here is a link to your owners manual. Might think about downloading and reading/putting in the boat...could come in handy on the water someday.

https://www.rangerboats.com/content/...s%20Manual.pdf

I tried holding the button last night too. It wasn’t flashing but figured I’d give it a try. I’m not having issues with anything else which makes me think it’s not the battery or connection. I’ll try to disconnect it though and see what happens.

Appreciate the manual! I’ll look through it...I’m second owner and only had one for the motor and all third party accessories. Thank you.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omykee View Post
    you've got fans in your boat????
    Haha...Yes, in all the rod lockers on the front deck. They actually came with the boat from Ranger factory..(not third party) Designed to dry out the rod lockers after fishing in the rain...eliminate or subdue mildew. Hoping I can get them working again!

Another thing to think about...I have had connections come loose from rough water. You may have to pop that fan out and make sure its connection hasn't fallen off.

How long have people left the locker fans on? What is safe?
    1999 Triton tr21 225 opti
    2004 Ranger 520vx 225 Evinrude HO
    2016 Ranger Z521c 250 Evinrude G2

10. Member
    The fans (Ranger calls it “PVRS” stands for Power Ventilation Rod Storage) are great! I run them after a day of fishing, from the time I trailer the boat until I’m back home. Works great!! Especially on a day of rain when you’ve had your front compartments open and closed thru out the day. I’m sure you could run them until the battery goes dead, but never tried, typically it’s about an hour or two for me from the lake to home.