Aluminum trailer ?

So my trailer is almost done. Bunk mounts are corroded to the point that the boat does not line up on them. Also has numerous other corrosion/mechanical issues. If i keep nickle and diming that thing its gonna be almost the cost of new one. I dont fish salt water but my location i would guess has a higher concentration of salt than inland lakes. I would like to keep my vortex hubs and my fenders and the endurance tires are only 1.5 years old and have almost no wear, but its not necessary.

So my question...whats the going cost on an aluminum ranger trail? I will give ranger a call on monday to see what my options are since roland martins marina (nearest ranger dealer) is a 2+hour drive from here.

Thanks for any input.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. mikesxpress
    You have multiple aftermarket aluminum trailer options available in FL as that is where most of them are made.

3. Member
    rBoat Z21 331.JPGThere is a company in Bay St Louis MS called Sport Trail that makes aluminum boat trailers. i know a few people that have them and have heard nothing but good things. I see brand new boats sitting on them at some of the local dealers. Here is a pic of my Z21 Intracoastal sitting on an Ranger aluminum trailer.
    Last edited by Z21-I; 05-19-2019 at 10:54 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z21-I View Post
    rBoat Z21 331.JPGThere is a company in Bay St Louis MS called Sport Trail that makes aluminum boat trailers. i know a few people that have them and have heard nothing but good things. I see brand new boats sitting on them at some of the local dealers. Here is a pic of my Z21 sitting on an Ranger aluminum trailer.
    Did your boat come like that? I’d consider an upgrade depending on price.

5. Member
    Yes. My boat is an Intracoastal this is how they come from Ranger. Should have put it in my post, edited now

6. mikesxpress
    The Intracoastal aluminum trailer is very substantial in frame construction but the saltine cracker glass fenders and carbon steel brakes were not. Replaced with stainless brakes and as soon as the fenders reach a critical stage they will be replaced with stainless or aluminum.

7. Member
    Ranger makes a great aluminum trailer. My 2006 is still rolling strong.

Owen and Sons in FL would be my 2nd call after talking to Ranger.