Question to Phoenix Owners

Okay guys, not looking to start a poop storm with this thread. Looking for honest input on this issue from Phoenix owners. There are a lot of us that are also members of the Facebook page “Phoenix Boat Owners”. A thread was started there about an owner who is experiencing stress cracks and stating that Phoenix will not cover any stress crack issues whether the boat is under warranty or not? What I would like to ask fellow Phoenix owners is:

1. Have you experienced stress cracks?
    2. If so, have you had any communication with Phoenix about the issue?
    3. What was the result of said communication?

Now I know there is a great BIG “if” around all the facts in this Facebook thread. But I am looking to pull the pin on a 920 sometime soon, so I am really interested if there is any truth to this. Appreciate your honest input and again not looking to start any sort of brand bashing thread. I am very happy with my Bird and looking to get another.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

People that use their boat in bad weather and big waves get gel coat cracks and that’s how it goes. People that fish in fair weather with no waves do not. I have a bunch and I do not sweat it one bit. Phoenix is awesome with issues like this. They definetly don’t sweep it under the rug by any means. I think if you contract Phoenix yourself you will get the straight answer.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

3. Member
    Not to disagree with haus, just keeping it 100%. I have pounded the hell out of my 2014 920 on Rayburn, Tbend, Conroe, and Falcon for 160 engine hours in the two years I've had it and I don't have a stress crack ONE. My time on the water is almost exclusively pre fishing and tourney fishing and I push that rig to the max.
    2014 920/SHO

4. Member
    My 21 PHX had a few, but I never considered it a big deal. Never called Phoenix.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

5. Member
    I've not seen one yet on my 2014. Could be I don't hit waves hard enough or frequently enough.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Scraps
    I believe Phoenix is known you use slightly higher quality glass than other mfrs.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Real world, I had 2 form on the bottom of the hull. Just normal use stress cracks but I had only had the boat for 6 months or so. Plus i had one spot that was scratched down to flake, probably from shipping. Called Tim, sent picks, set up a date at Toledo fiberglass and they got fixed no questions asked. The cracks haven't come back either. I dont go crazy beating it up but I dont hesitate to take it out in some nasty stuff. Now that it's a few years old I wouldn't consider it a Phoenix problem if cracks popped up unless is was a structural problem.

8. Member
    Yeah as good as Phoenix customers service is I can’t see them not fixing it unless it was something that the owner just blatantly did. With the Facebook post you are only getting one side of the story so who knows what their issue is. Stress cracks happen with all brands. I had a Skeeter that had them. Our pleasure boat as a few. Most cases it’s where there is a little flex and the gel is thicker in that area. Gel coat doesn’t flex well so it cracks out.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

9. Member
    What isnt said is the OP in the Facebook post is a 3rd power of the boat. Phoenix actually offered to pay half of the work to repair the boat. Paying half on a 3rd power rig and a person bashing said company is a pretty good deal to me!

Quote Originally Posted by tuffnugly81 View Post
    What isnt said is the OP in the Facebook post is a 3rd power of the boat. Phoenix actually offered to pay half of the work to repair the boat. Paying half on a 3rd power rig and a person bashing said company is a pretty good deal to me!
    If you reference my original post, you will see I stated a great BIG "IF" on the facts in the FB post. My inquiry was just to see if any fellow Phoenix owners had issues with stress cracks...that's all.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    ya I agree -3rd owner and on there complaining - cmon dude.

I've got just a couple small small ones but nothing to be concerned with. the boats are very well built and fit / finish is very nice. I'm gonna buy another.