Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish99 View Post
    The sponsors are getting way more views of the BPT guys than other tours. The MLF CUPS cameras are practically in the boat with them talking nonstop for 2 hours . I’ve learned so much about the personalities and strengths of dozens of anglers I never followed. Who would’ve know Andy Montgomery was such a character wo MLF, he’s made thousands picking up sponsors. Keith Poche same thing, James Watson and on and on. This is where these guys make their money. And BPT puts them out there like never before. I feel the finances will take care of itself thru TV revenues . The fact that any current pros will accept the invites when they come will guarantee the next 10 will be cherrypicked from wherever they currently are.

Ok, but how many are watching the MLF live? It’s not as many as you think.

2. Banned
    I watch it, I also watch some flw and bass stuff.

3. Banned
    The same ones that were watching Bass or FLW live are watching BPT. When they're all one viewership is just split 3 ways

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    The same ones that were watching Bass or FLW live are watching BPT. When they're all one viewership is just split 3 ways
    You might say that the ones that are watching BPT are also watching BASS and FLW but to assume all that watch BASS and FLW also watch BPT is a bit presumptuous. I don’t watch BPT. Most of my fishing buddies don’t either.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    You might say that the ones that are watching BPT are also watching BASS and FLW but to assume all that watch BASS and FLW also watch BPT is a bit presumptuous. I don’t watch BPT. Most of my fishing buddies don’t either.

I don’t either, I will watch some BASS live if they are at decent lakes. I know of 3 older guys here that fish that had not even heard of the BPT before I told them about the pros all leaving BASS. Now granted, Duckett has said these guys weren’t his target audience anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    Me either.

7. Member
    The sponsors are getting way more views of the BPT guys than other tours. The MLF CUPS cameras are practically in the boat with them talking nonstop for 2 hours . I’ve learned so much about the personalities and strengths of dozens of anglers I never followed. Who would’ve know Andy Montgomery was such a character wo MLF, he’s made thousands picking up sponsors. Keith Poche same thing, James Watson and on and on. This is where these guys make their money. And BPT puts them out there like never before. I feel the finances will take care of itself thru TV revenues . The fact that any current pros will accept the invites when they come will guarantee the next 10 will be cherrypicked from wherever they currently are.
    True, the ones that make the Cups get alot of TV time and we get to know the pros better. However, the pros can't promote their sponsors on the Cup events, they have to wear the MLF jerseys and MLF sponsor logos only. So it really has little value to a pros personal sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Thats a horrible assumption. I think I’ve watched a total of maybe one hour of BPT live this year. I’ve watched plenty of the Elite series coverage and last year I watched at least a little bit of live coverage from every Elite event. I watched about 10 minutes on Friday of the BPT on Table Rock and just couldn’t take it any longer. I’ve tried and tried and just can’t get into it. All of my fishing buddies feel the same way.

Last night I turned on the DVR and watched a couple elite events from last year. And watching those events just opens your eyes as to how much harder it is to catch 5 bigger fish than catching 50 keepers and how the guys lay it all on the line to go for the win.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    My guess it would be in the mid to high 90’s . What say BBC ? And what does that say about the anglers accepting ?
    It's says they're smart business people. If you ran a business as sole proprietor and someone approached you with an opportunity to lower your cost to do business, raise your profit margin and potential exposure, you'd quickly make the switch, unless of course you were an idiot and thought being nostalgic would keep paying your bills...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You are leaving out the part that the Googan Squad has proven you do not have to be a tournament angler or "need" a tournament trail to gain a following.

I think Bill Dance proved that

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    I think Bill Dance proved that

Bill Dance was a great tournament angler. Had he not decided to focus on his TV show I have no doubts he would have a pile of wins, probably a Classic victory and an AOY or so.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Bill Dance was a great tournament angler. Had he not decided to focus on his TV show I have no doubts he would have a pile of wins, probably a Classic victory and an AOY or so.
    ??? 3 AOY’s. 70, 74, and 77.

13. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    It's says they're smart business people. If you ran a business as sole proprietor and someone approached you with an opportunity to lower your cost to do business, raise your profit margin and potential exposure, you'd quickly make the switch, unless of course you were an idiot and thought being nostalgic would keep paying your bills...
    Sure they lowered their costs with no entry fees thus increasing their margins. But I'd disagree on "potential exposure". BASS has a half million magazine subscribers and web/social traffic that dwarfs BPT/MLF. Sure, when an angler qualifies for a Cup event they get great TV exposure for themselves but not their sponsors.

I know more of the new Elite anglers and forgot many that made the switch to BPT. It may change in time, but I don't know

14. Banned
    People seem to talk an awful lot about has-beens they have forgot about.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    Sure they lowered their costs with no entry fees thus increasing their margins. But I'd disagree on "potential exposure". BASS has a half million magazine subscribers and web/social traffic that dwarfs BPT/MLF. Sure, when an angler qualifies for a Cup event they get great TV exposure for themselves but not their sponsors.

I know more of the new Elite anglers and forgot many that made the switch to BPT. It may change in time, but I don't know
    You would be wrong on those numbers the MLF TV, Digital and Social numbers are outstanding and their TV hours dwarf anything the other series have going on period.

16. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    You would be wrong on those numbers the MLF TV, Digital and Social numbers are outstanding and their TV hours dwarf anything the other series have going on period.
    Any of those free website traffic services, while not accurate, definitely paint a good picture for comparing sites and BASS dwarfs MLF. I can see BASS has 750k+ fans on Facebook to MLFs 280k.....but tell me how wrong I am. Is Facebook lying to us?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    Any of those free website traffic services, while not accurate, definitely paint a good picture for comparing sites
    This doesn't make sense to me. If they are not accurate how can they be trusted to paint a good picture of whats going on.

18. BassBlood
    Twitter BASS:. 132k followers vs MLF 42k
    Instagram: BASS 450k vs MLF 270k
    Facebook: BASS 788k vs 295k

Those are public numbers from those three social companies, so how is my statement BASS has a larger social following than MLF wrong?

When I can see those numbers, I tend to think those free web traffic comparison sites are correct.

19. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. If they are not accurate how can they be trusted to paint a good picture of whats going on.
    Not accurate for pageviews, but same inaccuracies across the board. A site may get 100k unquie visitors but thise services may only show 50k. But if site A is twice as large as site B, those comparisons are reflected and accurate. You can even see the spike MLF had for the first two events of BPT and then the drop off in traffic

20. Member
    I think part of the problem with MLF is that the pre-recorded TV stuff has been a negative for the live streaming BPS tour.

What I mean is that the MLF cups they keep showing on the outdoor channel (Michigan, etc) were all filmed in the summer months. Now when a BPS tour event is streaming, its directly competing with the stuff that's being shown on TV.

Its confusing to the average/casual viewer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast