Charger 210 Elite

Been looking at vids on the Charger 210 Elite (The Remade Champion). Some things I like and some I dont. I dont like the day boxes they put in the aisle under both consoles. They seem cheap and unnecessary. So even if you take out the Passenger console. The box is still there taking up space. In the video I saw. The guy was already having problems with that box on a brand new boat. I also dont like how they got rid of the locks for the rod and tackle lockers and just use a locker bar. Claiming that locks leak water. I would rather have the locks for extra security.

Anyone Own one, Seen or been in one? Would love to hear thoughts. Otherwise seems like a nice rig. Its supposed to be the Champion Hull so thats a win. One thing I do like is the consoles are all fiberglas and not plastic. I wish the Console on my Champ 210 was made with all fiberglass. Plastic will eventually crack and break down. So they got that right.
    2007 Champ 210
    Codename: APOLLONIA
    Dominant Color: Purple
    250 Merc Pro XS, 24 pitch Bravo 1, 4 blade prop. 10 inch Hydro Jackplate by "Bobs"
    MOTO: "The Next Cast is the BIG ONE"!

2. Member
    Any charger dealers out west? If you go to the Charger owners page here on bbc you can read up on some owners posts

3. Banned
    My Champion didn't have locks on the lids never had one come open when it wasn't sapost to or have any that leaked. Security might be a issue but I personally don't lock any boxes or use a lock bar. If a thief is going to steal from me I don't want them destroying my boat in the process.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    My Champion didn't have locks on the lids never had one come open when it wasn't sapost to or have any that leaked. Security might be a issue but I personally don't lock any boxes or use a lock bar. If a thief is going to steal from me I don't want them destroying my boat in the process.
    Yes. My Champ has locks on the compartments as well a Loc-R-Bar. I appreciate having both. Example. Alot of times I may stop to eat at a lakeside restaurant where I can see my boat at the dock. I like being able to lock the boxes without dragging out the Lock-R-Bar in those instances. If I need the extra security in a circumstance where I will be away from my boat awhile and cant see it. Then I always use the Lock-R-Bar ontop of the compartment locks. (And put my boat cover on also).

I just like having a choice to use one or the other or both. Plus I feel like even though a thief who wants to get in will do so regardless. Him or Her seeing two security functions to defeat instead of only one. They may think twice about attempting to break in. Being a victim of theft in a previous boat. I'm wary in that regard. And an Alarm ontop of all the Locks is even better.

I do leave my Glove Box unlocked though. I dont keep anything of value in it. Plus all that plasic on the console is easily breakable so it makes no sense to lock the glove box.
    Last edited by Apollonia 6; 05-20-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    2007 Champ 210
    Codename: APOLLONIA
    Dominant Color: Purple
    250 Merc Pro XS, 24 pitch Bravo 1, 4 blade prop. 10 inch Hydro Jackplate by "Bobs"
    MOTO: "The Next Cast is the BIG ONE"!

5. Member
    I am in a waiting line for a repower. I've been in this line since Oct.18. So long that I think I'm getting goofy because here lately I've been pondering the idea of picking up a new Charger 210 Elite. That would be one way I could get a new motor , if I bought a new rig. As it is I honestly don't have any idea how much longer I am going to have to wait for the new motor. going out next week to siphon the gas out since it has been dormant since Oct. It doesn't make financial sense for me to buy a new rig so I doubt I'll do it but if I did it would probably be the new Charger 210 Elite.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollonia 6 View Post
    Been looking at vids on the Charger 210 Elite (The Remade Champion). Some things I like and some I dont. I dont like the day boxes they put in the aisle under both consoles. They seem cheap and unnecessary. So even if you take out the Passenger console. The box is still there taking up space. In the video I saw. The guy was already having problems with that box on a brand new boat. I also dont like how they got rid of the locks for the rod and tackle lockers and just use a locker bar. Claiming that locks leak water. I would rather have the locks for extra security.

Anyone Own one, Seen or been in one? Would love to hear thoughts. Otherwise seems like a nice rig. Its supposed to be the Champion Hull so thats a win. One thing I do like is the consoles are all fiberglas and not plastic. I wish the Console on my Champ 210 was made with all fiberglass. Plastic will eventually crack and break down. So they got that right.
    You can get that model as a CX instead of an elit and it drops the price quite a bit. A good dealer can explain the differences but the big two I can think of is no night vision camera and no drawers under the consoles. I would love a new 210 or 198 but I like the drawers as I think they would be awesome for soft plastic storage.