Chickamauga vs Pickwick

Hey guys. Planning a trip. Usually go to Ky Lake but we are changing it up. Just wondering between these 2 lakes which we should choose. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    When?

3. Member
    2nd week of June.

4. Member
    Pickwick for numbers or Chick for a fish of a lifetime. Whatever your priority is...

5. Member
    Numbers. How many a day are we talking at Pickwick?

6. Banned
    I live in Florence, AL at the upper end of Pickwick. Our house is on Wilson Lake here.

I have noticed that there are an incredible number of out of state bass boats in town right now. They're everywhere.

First creek boat ramp was full this morning and every boat we saw had youno folks accompanied by an adult. Maybe a high school tourney? I don’t know but wheeler was full on the lower end this morning.

8. Member
    Chick, with the grass coming along nicely that will keep the fish shallower all year. And by that time in June there is a solid offshore bite

9. Member
    I caught a 10.02 at chick last June in 20ft of water

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I live in Florence, AL at the upper end of Pickwick. Our house is on Wilson Lake here.

I have noticed that there are an incredible number of out of state bass boats in town right now. They're everywhere.
    you will get to experience what we have on ky lake for years. Gets quite frustrating when the lakes get so much pressure. I am actually not that upset ky lake is in a decline. It got so bad about people fishing and scanning right next to you that it made me not even want to fish anymore.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    you will get to experience what we have on ky lake for years. Gets quite frustrating when the lakes get so much pressure. I am actually not that upset ky lake is in a decline. It got so bad about people fishing and scanning right next to you that it made me not even want to fish anymore.
    Ain't that the truth! The driving reason I'm not a big fan of ledge fishing. It's stressful due to those types of scenarios and crowding.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    Every hole is a community hole! That's how it is on Chickamauga ledge fishing.. Becoming that way bank beating too