Banned

Shimming up an Ultrex Foot Pedal

Got my new Ultrex installed today. Everything was going great until I put the foot pedal in the recessed tray. It is an old alumium recessed pedal tray. the width was fine but the rear of the tray is half circular. The front is angled up. I ended up making a 2 inch spacer to go under the pedal our of plywood. Going to by some type of nylor or plastic to make a weatherproof one.

Found out the 80/45 doesn't come with the stabilizer bar and mount. Called Minn Kota and they said that model does not need it.

Anyone else ever had this happen.

Good news is I took it out and everything works great. Going to like spot lock and jog mode. Neighbor got a good laugh when I was doing circles calbrating the remote.

In the old days J C Whitney would probably have an adapter kit. You old guys will know what JC was.
    Last edited by Walleyeguy456; 05-17-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: update

2. Member
    You do need a kick stand on it, rough water will break the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Got my new Ultrex installed today. Everything was going great until I put the foot pedal in the recessed tray. It is an old alumium recessed pedal tray. the width was fine but the rear of the tray is half circular. The front is angled up. I ended up making a 2 inch spacer to go under the pedal our of plywood. Going to by some type of nylor or plastic to make a weatherproof one.

Found out the 80/45 doesn't come with the stabilizer bar and mount. Called Minn Kota and they said that model does not need it.

Anyone else ever had this happen.

Good news is I took it out and everything works great. Going to like spot lock and jog mode. Neighbor got a good laugh when I was doing circles calbrating the remote.

In the old days J C Whitney would probably have an adapter kit. You old guys will know what JC was.
    I got the 80/45 in December and it came with the stabilizer.

Yes, I know J C Whitney, used to purchase stuff from their catalog.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    ??? My 80/45 came with the stabilizer.

5. Member
    If you are screwed into the tray, you can get 4 rubber spacers from the specialty bins at Lowe's or your hardware store and block it in place - just drill out the spacers if needed.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    If you are screwed into the tray, you can get 4 rubber spacers from the specialty bins at Lowe's or your hardware store and block it in place - just drill out the spacers if needed.
    Interesting What are the spacers sold at Lowes used for. That would be easier.

I am going to call MK again on Monday. The guy looked and even put me on hold and came back and explained it did come with one. I may order a TH Marine one anyway.

7. Member
    I bought my 45/80 Ultrex about a year ago and it came with the stabilizer.

8. Member
    Those spacers are just in the bins with all of the off custom parts - hole caps, furniture wire grommets, specialty screws. They are just hard, black rubber stand-offs made of rubber with a screw hole in the middle. - should be perfect for putting a TM just a bit off the floor of the tray.

They should look like this:

s-l1000.jpg
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

9. Member
    Look at using PVC board from Lowes or Home Depot for spacer

10. Banned
    Both are great ideas thanks.. Fished today with my home made mount. Got to admit Spot Lock is the greatest invention in the world.

11. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    MK is wrong...the motor comes with a stabilizer bar or whatever it's called. CAll them back and tell them you want it and don't take no for an answer
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    MK is wrong...the motor comes with a stabilizer bar or whatever it's called. CAll them back and tell them you want it and don't take no for an answer
    Yep will be on the phone today.

13. Banned
    Guess i finally talked to the right person. Very nice lady that said the parts will be shipped.