Attwood Fuel Demand Valve on RT-188's

Anyone found a source for the Attwood FDV model # 99IFDV00-1?

This is what is installed on my 2014 RT-188. IT's working fine, but would like to have a spare in the boat as a backup.

Google is not turning up much.

2. Member
    I bought a spare on amazon last year.

I bought a spare on amazon last year.
    Yep... Checked there, and came up with zero...

4. Member
    I think mine was 8M0044687 but I would need to go to the boat to be sure on the rt178

Is it the kind thats mounted inline on the hose or the kind that goes onto the tank itself?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Yes gray in color wiith some numbers on the top

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

You can push something in on the button on the top if you need it to flow in an emergency

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    You can push something in on the button on the top if you need it to flow in an emergency
    Yep I posted that on here a while back once I seen the data sheet on their website. I still keep a spare just in case. BTW this is not a ranger issue. Most boats on the water these days use that device.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Yep I posted that on here a while back once I seen the data sheet on their website. I still keep a spare just in case. BTW this is not a ranger issue. Most boats on the water these days use that device.
    Every boat that complies with the epa emissions standards set in place many years ago. Some mount directly to the gas tank but these inline ones at least are quick to bypass- just hook the outlet hose straight to the tank when you need to

11. Member
    Not all new boats use one. Rather it is only the ones with a pressurized fuel system. If your fuel system uses a carbon canister to meet evaporative emissions it won’t have one.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I would check with your dealer, they should carry them.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

After a little more digging, I found them at a few places in the $69.00 range. Mine is the integrated type that pops in the tank and has a clip to secure it.

I did receive an email back from Ranger. They want $90.00 and they are out of stock. Will go with one of the other suppliers as Ranger is a little pricey!

And... Yes, as an emergency measure, you can take a flat bladed screw driver and pop the valve from the top and that should get you back to the ramp. I hope.

14. Member
    You could pull the guts out of the valve so that it can restrict flow and add an old school vent screw to your fill cap.